* How well do ConTeXt (lua)module for other users?
@ 2011-07-19 12:27 Jaroslav Hajtmar
From: Jaroslav Hajtmar @ 2011-07-19 12:27 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello ConTeXist.

I have done the module (for context), which is entirely written in Lua
(ConTeXt definitions are done through Lua too).

I wonder how it can be loaded into ConTeXt file. Have I to use the
beginning of the file:
\startluacode
   dofile ("my-module.lua")
\stopluacode

to loading the module? I would like to use \usemodule [my-module.lua],
but there is a problem, that code must be inside \startluacode ...
\stopluacode environment.
But when I put my luacode into \startluacode ... \stopluacode into
my-module.mkiv file, then I have a problem with catcodes inside strings
defining by  [[  ... ]].

Or must be module consists of two separate files (my-module.lua and
my-module.mkiv)? Must I to load the Lua module file (my-module.lua)
into ConTeXt module file (my-module.mkiv) by command
\ctxlua{dofile("my-module.lua ");} and then load module file
(my-module.mkiv) into my user file by command \usemodule[my-module]?

Is there something like \useluamodule[....] or
\usemodule[anyluaswitch][modulefile] ???

How to proceed in these cases? I find it inappropriate to divide the
module into two separate files.

Thanx Jaroslav

* Re: How well do ConTeXt (lua)module for other users?
@ 2011-07-19 12:31 ` luigi scarso
From: luigi scarso @ 2011-07-19 12:31 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Tue, Jul 19, 2011 at 2:27 PM, Jaroslav Hajtmar <hajtmar@gyza.cz> wrote:
> Hello ConTeXist.
>
> I have done the module (for context), which is entirely written in Lua
> (ConTeXt definitions are done through Lua too).
>
> I wonder how it can be loaded into ConTeXt file. Have I to use the beginning
> of the file:
> \startluacode
>  dofile ("my-module.lua")
> \stopluacode
It's lua , so
require("my-module.lua")
also works

--
luigi

* Re: How well do ConTeXt (lua)module for other users?
@ 2011-07-19 12:39 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2011-07-19 12:39 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 19.07.2011 um 14:27 schrieb Jaroslav Hajtmar:

> Hello ConTeXist.
>
> I have done the module (for context), which is entirely written in Lua (ConTeXt definitions are done through Lua too).
>
> I wonder how it can be loaded into ConTeXt file. Have I to use the beginning of the file:
> \startluacode
>  dofile ("my-module.lua")
> \stopluacode
>
> to loading the module? I would like to use \usemodule [my-module.lua], but there is a problem, that code must be inside \startluacode ... \stopluacode environment.
> But when I put my luacode into \startluacode ... \stopluacode into my-module.mkiv file, then I have a problem with catcodes inside strings defining by  [[  ... ]].
>
> Or must be module consists of two separate files (my-module.lua and my-module.mkiv)? Must I to load the Lua module file (my-module.lua)  into ConTeXt module file (my-module.mkiv) by command \ctxlua{dofile("my-module.lua ");} and then load module file (my-module.mkiv) into my user file by command \usemodule[my-module]?
>
> Is there something like \useluamodule[....] or  \usemodule[anyluaswitch][modulefile] ???
>
> How to proceed in these cases? I find it inappropriate to divide the module into two separate files.

Use \usemodule:

<example>
\startbuffer[test]
function test(argument)
    context.quotation(argument)
end

interfaces.definecommand {
    name = "test",
    arguments = {
        { "content", "string" },
    },
    macro = test,
}
\stopbuffer

\savebuffer[test][p-test.lua]

\usemodule[test]

\starttext
\test{Hello}
\stoptext
</example>

Wolfgang

* Re: How well do ConTeXt (lua)module for other users?
@ 2011-07-19 14:26   ` Jaroslav Hajtmar
From: Jaroslav Hajtmar @ 2011-07-19 14:26 UTC (permalink / raw)

Great ... that's exactly what I needed ... Thanks very much Wolfgang.
It can be somewhere on similar techniques to read more? Just links to
some sample files to the dissected ...

Thanks a lot
Jaroslav

@ 2011-07-19 15:06     ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2011-07-19 15:06 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 19.07.2011 um 16:26 schrieb Jaroslav Hajtmar:

> Great ... that's exactly what I needed ... Thanks very much Wolfgang.
> It can be somewhere on similar techniques to read more? Just links to some sample files to the dissected ...

You should always read Hans bet announcements where he often mentions new features and sometimes gives examples.

Wolfgang

* Re: How well do ConTeXt (lua)module for other users?
@ 2011-07-20  7:40       ` Jaroslav Hajtmar
From: Jaroslav Hajtmar @ 2011-07-20  7:40 UTC (permalink / raw)

Thanx Wolfgang.

Is there a solid practice of naming modules? I noticed that the names
appear modules including introductory letters "p" or "t" ... You also
used the name p-test.lua. What does it mean? How to correctly name the
module, or what other elements should it include?

Best regards
Jaroslav

@ 2011-07-20  9:41         ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2011-07-20  9:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 20-7-2011 9:40, Jaroslav Hajtmar wrote:
> Thanx Wolfgang.
>
> Is there a solid practice of naming modules? I noticed that the names
> appear modules including introductory letters "p" or "t" ... You also
> used the name p-test.lua. What does it mean? How to correctly name the
> module, or what other elements should it include?

p is for private i.e. never part of the distribution
t is for third party i.e. can be installed on demand

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE