* request for cooperation to the editor "texstudio" has support for ConTeXt
@ 2014-05-29  5:36 Juan jose
From: Juan jose @ 2014-05-29  5:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

regards

My name is john and i am a science student , had always used latex , but I
recently introducing me to ConTeXt , I always used latex editor TeXstudio (
http://texstudio.sourceforge.net/ ) but unfortunately this is not supported of
ConTeXt now , I do not want to switch to another editor ( if I suggest
auctex , but I thought ) because texstudio is good, and I am of those who
think that if a project is missing something better to help implement it.

So I turned to the task of making the request for support had texstudio
ConTeXt , and kindly told that if they wished to have support for ConTeXt
unfortunately texstudio project authors do not have time and do not know
much so I asked ConTeXt help, but so far I 'm introducing ConTeXt and would
be outrageous to create something as useful as is the Auto Completion and
ConTeXt syntax analysis .

I ask for help to some of you who work with the authors ( they can contact
them are very open ) to texstudio has full support for ConTeXt in principle
would help complete syntax files and auto-complete , and if you want to
create a partnership between the I think the two projects texstudio authors
I would be delighted .

The entry in which this feature is asked :
http://sourceforge.net/p/texstudio/feature-requests/701/ (the last comment
explains how to implement context in texstudio , even in early stage )

the mailing address of the authors are :

*Benito van der Zander ( author ) :*
 benito@benibela.de ( Please mention " texstudio " in the subject , if you
write a mail ) or
http://sourceforge.net/u/benibela/profile/

*Tim Hoffmann : *http://sourceforge.net/u/userid-1903580/profile/

*Jan Sundermeyer :* http://sourceforge.net/u/jsundermeyer/profile/

The language on which it is built is qt / c + + if anything , I would
appreciate that someone who is knowledgeable and wants to collaborate with
texstudio help the project

thank you very much

* Re: request for cooperation to the editor "texstudio" has support for ConTeXt
@ 2014-05-30  7:57 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2014-05-30  7:57 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 5/29/2014 7:36 AM, Juan jose wrote:
> regards
>

> My name is john and i am a science student , had always used latex , but I
> recently introducing me to ConTeXt , I always used latex editor TeXstudio (
> http://texstudio.sourceforge.net/ ) but unfortunately this is not supported of
> ConTeXt now , I do not want to switch to another editor ( if I suggest
> auctex , but I thought ) because texstudio is good, and I am of those who
> think that if a project is missing something better to help implement it.
>
> So I turned to the task of making the request for support had texstudio
> ConTeXt , and kindly told that if they wished to have support for ConTeXt
> unfortunately texstudio project authors do not have time and do not know
> much so I asked ConTeXt help, but so far I 'm introducing ConTeXt and would
> be outrageous to create something as useful as is the Auto Completion and
> ConTeXt syntax analysis .

it depends on how this is driven

- Syntax highlighting: If it's hard coded for latex, it will never look
good for context, Basically a context syntax highlighter can be very
simple i.e. line based and stick to coloring specific characters (some 4
categories) as well as \macronames. Probably the most advanced
highlighter is the one I made for SciTE as that one also deals with
classes of commands, embedded mp and lua.

- Can one make a complete switch between latex and something else, i.e.
can one get rid of all latex things or will it be some hybriod, partial
overload. If the latter is the case, it will be quite confusing. (Last
time i looked into texworks for instance it had such hard coded features
that made no sense for context, so i gave up on it.)

> I ask for help to some of you who work with the authors ( they can contact
> them are very open ) to texstudio has full support for ConTeXt in principle
> would help complete syntax files and auto-complete , and if you want to
> create a partnership between the I think the two projects texstudio authors
> I would be delighted .

if you know what input the editor takes, we can extend this:

mtxrun --script interfaces

You'll see that there are several editors mentions so adding another one
is no big deal.

> The entry in which this feature is asked :
> http://sourceforge.net/p/texstudio/feature-requests/701/ (the last comment
> explains how to implement context in texstudio , even in early stage )
>
> the mailing address of the authors are :
>
> *Benito van der Zander ( author ) :*
>   benito@benibela.de ( Please mention " texstudio " in the subject , if you
> write a mail ) or
> http://sourceforge.net/u/benibela/profile/
>

> *Tim Hoffmann : *http://sourceforge.net/u/userid-1903580/profile/
>
> *Jan Sundermeyer :* http://sourceforge.net/u/jsundermeyer/profile/
>
> The language on which it is built is qt / c + + if anything , I would
> appreciate that someone who is knowledgeable and wants to collaborate with
> texstudio help the project

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE