* [+-OT] reducing pdf file
@ 2014-06-05 10:24 Andrea Valle
From: Andrea Valle @ 2014-06-05 10:24 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dear,

I made with NodeBox software a large vectorial image (I can export in pdf).
the idea is to use it as a cover for a ConTeXt project.
The problem lies in its size: 220 Mb.
Could anyone provide a method (if any) for reducing the size?
The image is made by a combination of many small pdf images, so I guess that the resulting size depends on linear combination of all images size,
that are preserved (sorry, I’m an ignorant on the pdf format).

Thanks a lot

Best
-a-

Andrea Valle
CIRMA - StudiUm
Università degli Studi di Torino
--> http://www.cirma.unito.it/andrea/
--> http://www.fonurgia.unito.it/andrea/
--> http://www.flickr.com/photos/vanderaalle/sets/
--> http://vimeo.com/vanderaalle
--> andrea.valle@unito.it

"This is a very complicated case, Maude. You know, a lotta ins, a lotta outs, a lotta what-have-yous."
(Jeffrey 'The Dude' Lebowski)

* Re: [+-OT] reducing pdf file
@ 2014-06-05 10:38 ` Peter Münster
From: Peter Münster @ 2014-06-05 10:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On Thu, Jun 05 2014, Andrea Valle wrote:

> The problem lies in its size: 220 Mb.
> Could anyone provide a method (if any) for reducing the size?

You could convert it to JPEG at the resolution that you need.

--
           Peter

* Re: [+-OT] reducing pdf file
@ 2014-06-05 16:17 ` Pablo Rodriguez
From: Pablo Rodriguez @ 2014-06-05 16:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 06/05/2014 12:24 PM, Andrea Valle wrote:
> The problem lies in its size: 220 Mb.
> Could anyone provide a method (if any) for reducing the size?

This command should reduce your file:

   java -cp Multivalent20060102.jar tool.pdf.Compress huge-document.pdf

Multivalent can be found at
http://www.vrspace.org/sdk/java/multivalent/Multivalent20060102.jar.
BTW, the newer Multivalent release from 2009 doesn’t include the
compression tool.

I hope this helps,

Pablo
--