* options for \setuppapersize
@ 2014-06-15 18:19 Pablo Rodriguez
From: Pablo Rodriguez @ 2014-06-15 18:19 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dear list,

I’m trying to explain the options of \setuppapersize in a book, but I’m
not sure they work.

With latest beta from 2014.06.15 15:54, this is the results I get with a
minimal document such as:

    \setuppapersize[A5]
    \starttext
    \input zapf
    \stoptext

I cannot make the options mirrored, rotated, 90, 180, 270 and negative work.

Do they work as expected or am I doing something wrong?

Many thanks for your help,

Pablo
--
http://www.ousia.tk

* Re: options for \setuppapersize
@ 2014-06-15 19:03 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2014-06-15 19:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 15.06.2014 um 20:19 schrieb Pablo Rodriguez <oinos@gmx.es>:

> Dear list,
>
> I’m trying to explain the options of \setuppapersize in a book, but I’m
> not sure they work.
>
> With latest beta from 2014.06.15 15:54, this is the results I get with a
> minimal document such as:
>
>    \setuppapersize[A5]
>    \starttext
>    \input zapf
>    \stoptext
>
> I cannot make the options mirrored, rotated, 90, 180, 270 and negative work.
>
> Do they work as expected or am I doing something wrong?

You have to set the right values for the paper with the second argument when you use rotation and mirroring.

\setuppapersize[A5,90][A5,landscape]
%\setuppapersize[A5,180][A5]
%\setuppapersize[A5,270][A5,landscape]
%\setuppapersize[A5,mirrored][A5]
%\setuppapersize[A5,rotated][A5,landscape]
%\setuppapersize[A5,negative]

\starttext
\input zapf
\stoptext

The negative keyword doesn’t work for me, I even tried a minimal example with the internal function but got no result.

\setuppapersize[A6]

\starttext

\setbox\scratchbox\hbox{\framed[background=color,backgroundcolor=blue,foregroundcolor=red]{Blue test?}}

\negatecolorbox\scratchbox

\box\scratchbox

\stoptext

Wolfgang

* Re: options for \setuppapersize
@ 2014-06-15 20:52   ` Pablo Rodriguez
From: Pablo Rodriguez @ 2014-06-15 20:52 UTC (permalink / raw)

>> I’m trying to explain the options of \setuppapersize in a book, but I’m
>> not sure they work.
>> [...]
>> Do they work as expected or am I doing something wrong?
>
> You have to set the right values for the paper with the second
> argument when you use rotation and mirroring.

Many thanks for your reply, Wolfgang.

Now I understand how it works.

> The negative keyword doesn’t work for me, I even tried a minimal
> example with the internal function but got no result.

Many thanks for confirming it.

Pablo
--
http://www.ousia.tk