* really strange bug in ConTeXt
@ 2014-06-20 19:04 Pablo Rodriguez
From: Pablo Rodriguez @ 2014-06-20 19:04 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dear list,

using the latest beta from 2014.06.18 17:19, I’m facing the weirdest bug
in ConTeXt I‘ve ever experienced.

I’m writing a book on ConTeXt (already 330 pages). Compilation breaks
when ConTeXt tries to add a sectioning level.

I have tried to get a minimal sample, but all I can get is the whole
source document. I have already tried for hours.

The error I get with luajittex is the following:

pages           > flushing realpage 326, userpage 322
structure       > sectioning > chapter @ level 2 : 1.3 -> Índice de órdenes

mtx-context     | fatal error: no return code, message: luajittex:
execution interrupted

Just in case you wonder, I get the same error without luajittex:

pages           > flushing realpage 326, userpage 322
structure       > sectioning > chapter @ level 2 : 1.3 -> Índice de órdenes

mtx-context     | fatal error: no return code, message: luatex:
execution interrupted

The weirdest thing is that compilation is right, if I comment a one-line
paragraph or if I add another paragraph (with no command inside, only
pure text).

.tuc and .log files from right and wrong compilation are avaiable at
http://www.ousia.tk/right.tuc, http://www.ousia.tk/right.log,
http://www.ousia.tk/wrong.tuc, and http://www.ousia.tk/wrong.log.

Is there no way to get a more verbose log that could point to the bug?

Many thanks for your help,

Pablo
--
http://www.ousia.tk

* Re: really strange bug in ConTeXt
@ 2014-06-20 19:17 ` luigi scarso
From: luigi scarso @ 2014-06-20 19:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

Il 20/giu/2014 21:05 "Pablo Rodriguez" <oinos@gmx.es> ha scritto:

> Dear list,
>
> using the latest beta from 2014.06.18 17:19, I’m facing the weirdest bug
> in ConTeXt I‘ve ever experienced.
>
> I’m writing a book on ConTeXt (already 330 pages). Compilation breaks
> when ConTeXt tries to add a sectioning level.
>
> I have tried to get a minimal sample, but all I can get is the whole
> source document. I have already tried for hours.
>
> The error I get with luajittex is the following:
>
> pages           > flushing realpage 326, userpage 322
> structure       > sectioning > chapter @ level 2 : 1.3 -> Índice de
órdenes

> mtx-context     | fatal error: no return code, message: luajittex:
> execution interrupted
>
> Just in case you wonder, I get the same error without luajittex:
>
> pages           > flushing realpage 326, userpage 322
> structure       > sectioning > chapter @ level 2 : 1.3 -> Índice de
órdenes

> mtx-context     | fatal error: no return code, message: luatex:
> execution interrupted
>
> The weirdest thing is that compilation is right, if I comment a one-line
> paragraph or if I add another paragraph (with no command inside, only
> pure text).
>
> .tuc and .log files from right and wrong compilation are avaiable at
> http://www.ousia.tk/right.tuc, http://www.ousia.tk/right.log,
> http://www.ousia.tk/wrong.tuc, and http://www.ousia.tk/wrong.log.
>
> Is there no way to get a more verbose log that could point to the bug?
loggingall
(huge log, could be hundred megabytes)

* Re: really strange bug in ConTeXt
@ 2014-06-20 19:44   ` Pablo Rodriguez
From: Pablo Rodriguez @ 2014-06-20 19:44 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 06/20/2014 09:17 PM, luigi scarso wrote:
> Il 20/giu/2014 21:05 "Pablo Rodriguez" ha scritto:
>> [...]
>> Is there no way to get a more verbose log that could point to the bug?
> loggingall
> (huge log, could be hundred megabytes)

Luigi,

which is the way to use it?

"context --engine=luajittex --loggingall book.tex" doesn’t seem to
generate a more verbose log.

Many thanks for your help,

Pablo
--

@ 2014-06-20 19:49     ` luigi scarso
From: luigi scarso @ 2014-06-20 19:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

Il 20/giu/2014 21:44 "Pablo Rodriguez" <oinos@gmx.es> ha scritto:

> On 06/20/2014 09:17 PM, luigi scarso wrote:
> > Il 20/giu/2014 21:05 "Pablo Rodriguez" ha scritto:
> >> [...]
> >> Is there no way to get a more verbose log that could point to the bug?
> > loggingall
> > (huge log, could be hundred megabytes)
>
> Luigi,
>
> which is the way to use it?
it's a macro.

So

\loggingall

near the point of failure.

* Re: really strange bug in ConTeXt
@ 2014-06-20 21:09       ` Thomas A. Schmitz
From: Thomas A. Schmitz @ 2014-06-20 21:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 06/20/2014 09:49 PM, luigi scarso wrote:
> So
>
> \loggingall
>
> near the point of failure.

For what it's worth: I have exactly the same problem here with one of my
xml documents. Compiling n chapters works fine, n+1 chapters gives the

fatal error: no return code, message: luatex: execution interrupted%

error. But it's not a problem of the luatex binary, as I had at first
assumed. ConTeXt versions

2014.06.15 15:54

and

2014.06.18 17:19

both have these problem. I had an older version,

2014.05.27 23:36

which compiles the entire document without a problem. All three use the
same luatex version: beta-0.79.1 (TeX Live 2014/dev) (rev 4972)

All best

Thomas

* Re: really strange bug in ConTeXt
@ 2014-06-21  0:06         ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2014-06-21  0:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

> On 06/20/2014 09:49 PM, luigi scarso wrote:
>> So
>>
>> \loggingall
>>
>> near the point of failure.
>
> For what it's worth: I have exactly the same problem here with one of my
> xml documents. Compiling n chapters works fine, n+1 chapters gives the
>
> fatal error: no return code, message: luatex: execution interrupted%
>
> error. But it's not a problem of the luatex binary, as I had at first
> assumed. ConTeXt versions
>
> 2014.06.15 15:54
>
> and
>
> 2014.06.18 17:19
>
> both have these problem. I had an older version,
>
> 2014.05.27 23:36
>
> which compiles the entire document without a problem. All three use the
> same luatex version: beta-0.79.1 (TeX Live 2014/dev) (rev 4972)

could be triggered bij a change in code so still relate to the engine ..
today i also had some random crashes ... no small predictable test yet

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

@ 2014-06-22  7:07           ` Pablo Rodriguez
From: Pablo Rodriguez @ 2014-06-22  7:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 06/21/2014 02:06 AM, Hans Hagen wrote:

> could be triggered bij a change in code so still relate to the engine ..
> today i also had some random crashes ... no small predictable test yet

Hans,

I’m afraid I don’t have a small sample, but I compiled my book with the
different betas.

It compiles fine with beta from 2014.06.06 23:52, but the error shows up
with beta from 2014.06.11 15:52.

Just in case it helps,

Pablo
--

@ 2014-06-22 16:39           ` Pablo Rodriguez
From: Pablo Rodriguez @ 2014-06-22 16:39 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 06/21/2014 02:06 AM, Hans Hagen wrote:
> [...]
> could be triggered bij a change in code so still relate to the engine ..
> today i also had some random crashes ... no small predictable test yet

Hans,

many thanks for fixing the issue with latest beta.

At least, beta from today compiles fine a commit from my book, where
beta from 2014.06.18 17:19 crashes luajittex.

Many thanks again,

Pablo
--
http://www.ousia.tk