* Character alignment in math mode
@ 2014-06-24 14:35 Maggyero
From: Maggyero @ 2014-06-24 14:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

How can one use character alignment in math mode? (I am using the last
stable ConTeXt version — 2014.05.21.)

\starttext
\setupTABLE[column][first][alignmentcharacter={,}, aligncharacter=yes,
align=middle]

Figures in text mode get aligned:

\startTABLE
    \NC 0,0     \NC \NR
    \NC 0,00    \NC \NR
    \NC 0,000   \NC \NR
\stopTABLE

But figures in math mode do not get aligned:

\startTABLE
    \NC $0,0$   \NC \NR
    \NC $0,00$  \NC \NR
    \NC $0,000$ \NC \NR
\stopTABLE
\stoptext

Best regards.

* Character alignment in math mode
@ 2014-06-24 19:46 Maggyero
From: Maggyero @ 2014-06-24 19:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

> why  use math here?

It was to avoid oldstyle figures that I use by default. But finally it's
better to use oldstyle figures even in tables.

Another question about fonts. Is there a way to define a conditional
mathcommand based on the current alternative style? For instance, in the
following example I would like to keep the bold effect but with adaptation
to the local alternative style (in text mode, when the local alternative
style is \tf I would like the mathcommand to be \bf, when it is \it I would
like \bi, when it is \bf I would like \bf and when it is \bi I would like
still \bi):

\starttext
\definemathcommand[cool]{{\bfmath cool}}
text mode normal: \cool\crlf
text mode italic: {\it \cool}\crlf
text mode bold: {\bf \cool}\crlf
text mode bolditalic: {\bi \cool}\crlf
\stoptext

* Character alignment in math mode
@ 2014-06-25  0:49 Maggyero
From: Maggyero @ 2014-06-25  0:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

> You can access the current font alternative with the \fontalternative
command

Thanks Wolfgang, that was exactly the command I was looking for!

A last question: how can one get italic greek in TEXT MODE? The following
code displays upright greek.

\starttext
\mathgreekitalic \alpha
\stoptext