* issues with list items
@ 2014-06-25 18:56 Pablo Rodriguez
From: Pablo Rodriguez @ 2014-06-25 18:56 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dear list,

I have the following sample (compiled
http://www.ousia.tk/list-items.pdf#page=1):

    \showframe\showgrid
    \setupbodyfont[pagella,15pt]
    \starttext
    \chapter{Chapter title}
    \section{Section title}
    \dorecurse{11}{\dorecurse{10}{Sentence. }\par}

    \startitemize
    \dorecurse{2}{\item This is an item.}

    \item This is an item\footnote{This is a footnote.}.
    \stopitemize

    \dorecurse{50}{These are other sentences. }
    \stoptext

The footnote moves the whole list to the second page. If I remove the
footnote and not the item, the whole list fits in the first page
(http://www.ousia.tk/list-items.pdf#page=3).

Sorry, but as far as I can understand, I’m afraid this is a bug.

ConTeXt is handling list items themselves with widows and orphan rules.
Not the lines they contain, but the items themselves.

I understand that ConTeXt avoids widow and orphan lines within list
items. But it makes no sense (at least, to me) to avoid widow and orphan
list items.

Could someone confirm the bug or explain me what I’m missing?

Many thanks for your help,

Pablo
--
http://www.ousia.tk

* Re: issues with list items
@ 2014-06-25 20:06 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2014-06-25 20:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On 6/25/2014 8:56 PM, Pablo Rodriguez wrote:
> Dear list,
>
> I have the following sample (compiled
> http://www.ousia.tk/list-items.pdf#page=1):
>
>      \showframe\showgrid
>      \setupbodyfont[pagella,15pt]
>      \starttext
>      \chapter{Chapter title}
>      \section{Section title}
>      \dorecurse{11}{\dorecurse{10}{Sentence. }\par}
>
>      \startitemize
>      \dorecurse{2}{\item This is an item.}
>
>      \item This is an item\footnote{This is a footnote.}.
>      \stopitemize
>
>      \dorecurse{50}{These are other sentences. }
>      \stoptext
>
> The footnote moves the whole list to the second page. If I remove the
> footnote and not the item, the whole list fits in the first page
> (http://www.ousia.tk/list-items.pdf#page=3).
>
> Sorry, but as far as I can understand, I’m afraid this is a bug.
>
> ConTeXt is handling list items themselves with widows and orphan rules.
> Not the lines they contain, but the items themselves.
>
> I understand that ConTeXt avoids widow and orphan lines within list
> items. But it makes no sense (at least, to me) to avoid widow and orphan
> list items.
>
> Could someone confirm the bug or explain me what I’m missing?

the

[loose]

option

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE