The jit engine complains lua error > error on line 12 in file C:/Users/rik/Desktop/junicode_bold.tex: C:/ConTeXt/tex/texmf-context/tex/context/base/font-otp.lua:192: invalid value (nil) at index 1 in table for 'concat' and produces an incorrect document (no bold or bold italic fonts used) for the following document, while the standard engine produces a correct document without complaint: \starttypescript [serif] [junicode] \definefontsynonym [Serif] [file:junicode] \definefontsynonym [SerifItalic] [file:junicode-italic] \definefontsynonym [SerifBold] [file:junicode-bold] \definefontsynonym [SerifBoldItalic] [file:junicode-bolditalic] \stoptypescript \starttypescript [junicode] \definetypeface [junicode] [rm] [serif] [junicode] [default] \stoptypescript \setupbodyfont[junicode] \starttext \fontalternative{\it\fontalternative}{\bf\fontalternative}{\bi\fontalternative} \stoptext I also note that the standard typescript for junicode is not useful. Beside mentioning goudysans (a cosmetic issue only, I think) the font file names do not reflect current file names for the font as available at http://junicode.sourceforge.net. If anybody has a typescript reflecting current ttf file naming, I would appreciate receiving a copy, either via the list or directly. (The typescript in the above is stripped to a minimum, and not what I would use other than in such an example.) -- Rik Kabel