I have made good progress today, thanks to the help of this list. Thanks! I can now run the example on the First Document web page, running ConTeXt from the command line. That works perfectly. When I try to run the same file from within TeXShop, however, it tells me: > ! Undefined control sequence. > l.2 \startsection > [title={Testing ConTeXt}] > ? I have created the file "ConTeXt Suite.engine" in directory ~/Library/TeXShop/Engines, per the instructions on the Mac Installation web page. So I am not sure why TeXShop does not know about \startsection. I would be grateful for your advice on this. Sincerely, Bruce > On Dec 15, 2015, at 12:17 PM, Boghosian, Bruce wrote: > > Dear Mojca: > >> On Dec 15, 2015, at 10:20 AM, Mojca Miklavec > wrote: >> >> [...] >> >> ... oh, and I just noticed one more thing that might be causing the >> problem. You also need to remove the TEXMF variable. > > That fixed it!!! > > Thanks very much to everybody for all the informative help and advice. > > Best regards, > Bruce > > Bruce M. Boghosian > Professor, Department of Mathematics, Tufts University > Bromfield-Pearson Hall, Medford, Massachusetts 02155, USA >