On 2014-03-26 19:35, Rik Kabel wrote, originally with the subject "Caption whitespace overflows page": > How can I get rid of the space at the top of the first line of text on > page three in the following MWE. The \setupfloats[spaceafter=none] > masks the problem rather than addresses the problem directly. Playing > with the size of the figures (changing them to 3cm) shows that the > caption text is not pushed to the second page, just some whitespace > imputed to them. This happens with TL2013 and with the latest > (20140325) standalone beta. > > I may be able to get away with the figure overflowing into the > footnote space by avoiding footnotes, but the space on the next page > is just ugly. > > \setuppapersize[A6] > \setupexternalfigures[location={local,default}] > \setupfloats[spaceafter=none] > \starttext > \input{knuth} > \placefigure[left]{Caption} > {\startcombination[1*3] > {\externalfigure[cow.pdf][height=2cm]}{cow} > {\externalfigure[cow.pdf][height=2cm]}{cow} > {\externalfigure[cow.pdf][height=2cm]}{cow} > \stopcombination} > \input{knuth} > > \input{knuth} > \stoptext > Can anyone suggest a fix for this, or declare that there is nothing that can be done except to change the page content? It is still a problem. The problem is not with caption space /per se/, but with the space taken for the figure as a whole. I would think that, once the page with the figure is finalized, additional reserved whitespace below it can be discarded. I did notice that it was also raised without apparent resolution in March 2007 (http://www.mail-archive.com/ntg-context%40ntg.nl/msg21269.html). -- Rik Kabel