On 2014-07-28 15:29, Joshua Krämer wrote: > Dear list, > > I want to setup all my floats' contents to be middle-aligned, not > indented and typeset in a distinct font. How can I do this? The > attached example does not work. > > Thank you and kind regards, > Joshua Krämer > > > \setupindenting [yes, \the\baselineskip] > \definefontfamily [figurefamily] [serif] [Latin Modern Sans] > \setupfloats [align=middle, style={\switchtobodyfont[figurefamily]}, > indenting=no] > > \starttext > \input knuth > > \startplacefigure > Word > \stopplacefigure > > \stoptext > > \setupexternalfigures[location={local,default}] \setupindenting [yes, \the\baselineskip] %\definefontfamily [figurefamily] [serif] [Latin Modern Sans] %\setupfloats [align=middle, style={\switchtobodyfont[figurefamily]}, indenting=no] \setupcaptions [style=ss] \setupframed[style=it] \starttext \input knuth \startplacefigure[title={Not a figure}] Word \stopplacefigure \startplacetable[title={A table}] \starttable[||] \NC Table\NC\NR \stoptable \stopplacetable \startplacefigure[title={A bovine figure}] \externalfigure[cow][width=5cm] \stopplacefigure \startplaceintermezzo[title={An intermezzo}] \startframedtext \input ward \stopframedtext \stopplaceintermezzo \stoptext Captions are styled separately from the floats, hence \setupcaptions. "Word" is not a figure. \startplacefigure does not make what follows a figure. When a real figure is set with \startplacefigure, it is centered by default. You may be able to get away with style=ss instead of a new font definition if the sans is linked to the main serif font. The contents of a float are styled according to the type of float.