On 2014-08-07 13:20, Thangalin wrote: > The documentation (http://www.ntg.nl/maps/26/12.pdf) suggests that the > order of citations can be changed using "sorttype=cite". > > The example code below writes a 6 in the document. I thought by > setting the sorttype to "cite" that the bibliography order would be > determined based on the order that the "cite" macros occur in the > document. > > If I have understood correctly, then the sample document should write > a 1 in the document. > > Any idea why 6 is written instead of 1? > > Thank you. > Reverse the order of the last two entries in your bib file and rerun the example. You will no longer have 6 and will now have a significant clue about why the 6 appeared the first time. Now change the line \completepublications[criterium=all] to \placepublications[criterium=text] rerun, and examine the result. -- Rik