Dear list, In a number of notes (recent and in the list archive) I have seen \resetsetups, used (always) as in a block of code like this from Gerben Wierde: \startsetups chapter:before \page[left] \noheaderandfooterlines \startalignment[left,nothyphenated] \startnarrower[4*left] \em \getbuffer[chapter:quote] \stopnarrower \stopalignment \resetsetups[quote:text] \page[right] \noheaderandfooterlines \blank[force,2*big] \stopsetups What is the purpose of \resetsetups in this code? I see no different result without it, and all I can determine from list and document searches is that this is a vestigal command from x-fo processing. -- Rik