Keith McKay via ntg-context schrieb am 28.04.2022 um 12:05: > > Hi, > > In the MWE below I define an rgb colour, myColor1, using random > numbers for the r, g and b components. I then use it to fill a > unitsquare the size of the page, which works as expected. In the loop > that follows I then use the defined colour, myColor1, along with white > and the variable r to create shades of myColor1 as in the MWE below. > However, myColor1 is not recognised in the loop and seems to be > replaced by black, although if I use a predefined colour, in this case > BurntSienna from the crayola collection, it works as expected.  I have > tried a number of ways to get this to work as shown in the code but > without success. I would be grateful for any suggestions. > > Best Wishes > > Keith McKay > > %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%MWE%%%%%%%%%%%%% > > \setuppapersize[A4,portrait] > > \usecolors[crayola] > > \starttext > > \dorecurse{10}{ > > \startMPpage > > StartPage; > > \definecolor[name="myColor1", r = uniformdeviate(1), g = > uniformdeviate(1), b = uniformdeviate(1) ] ; > Remove the backslash in front of the definecolor command. Wolfgang