* Spurious pages in makeups
@ 2014-09-04 14:04 Idris Samawi Hamid ادريس سماوي حامد
From: Idris Samawi Hamid ادريس سماوي حامد @ 2014-09-04 14:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Dear gang,

For a doublesided book, I get spurious pages in this setup:

===============
\starttext

\definemakeup[title][align=middle]
\definemakeup[copyright][align=flushleft]

\setuphead[chapter][number=yes,page=left]

\startmakeup[title]
\tfd  Title Page
\stopmakeup
\page[left]
\startmakeup[copyright]
Author
\crlf
http://www.website.com/

ISBN: 978-0-9907820-0-1

\blank

Copyright © 2014 Author

\blank

All rights reserved.

\blank

Front Range Press.

\blank

Printed in the United States of America.
\stopmakeup

\title{Table of Contents}
\stoptext
===============

What we want: copyright page (left sided) immediately after title page
(right sided), followed immediately by TOC (right sided). I.e.,
Title+Copyright+TOC with no page breaks

What we get: copyright page (right sided) two pages after title page
(right sided), followed by a blank page, followed by TOC (right sided).
See attached pdf.

How do I suppress the spurious pages (2+1)? I need to keep doublesided for
obvious reasons...

I could force this without makeups but would like to take advantage of
makeups if I can. Thanks in advance!

Best wishes
Idris
--
Idris Samawi Hamid
Professor of Philosophy

[-- Attachment #2: makeup.tex --]

[-- Attachment #3: makeup.pdf --]

* Re: Spurious pages in makeups
@ 2014-09-04 15:53 ` Peter Rolf
From: Peter Rolf @ 2014-09-04 15:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Hi Indris,

I guess the double sided setup is also true for your makeup definitions.
An additional "doublesided=no" in the makeup definition gives the wanted
result.

Best,  Peter

Am 04.09.2014 um 16:04 schrieb Idris Samawi Hamid ادريس سماوي حامد:
> Dear gang,
>
> For a doublesided book, I get spurious pages in this setup:
>
> ===============
> \starttext
> \setuppagenumbering[alternative=doublesided]
>
> \definemakeup[title][align=middle]
> \definemakeup[copyright][align=flushleft]
>
> \setuphead[chapter][number=yes,page=left]
>
> \startmakeup[title]
> \tfd  Title Page
> \stopmakeup
> \page[left]
> \startmakeup[copyright]
> Author
> \crlf
> http://www.website.com/
>
> ISBN: 978-0-9907820-0-1
>
> \blank
>
> Copyright © 2014 Author
>
> \blank
>
> All rights reserved.
>
> \blank
>
> Front Range Press.
>
> \blank
>
> Printed in the United States of America.
> \stopmakeup
>
> \title{Table of Contents}
> \stoptext
> ===============
>
> What we want: copyright page (left sided) immediately after title page
> (right sided), followed immediately by TOC (right sided). I.e.,
> Title+Copyright+TOC with no page breaks
>
> What we get: copyright page (right sided) two pages after title page
> (right sided), followed by a blank page, followed by TOC (right sided).
> See attached pdf.
>
> How do I suppress the spurious pages (2+1)? I need to keep doublesided
> for obvious reasons...
>
> I could force this without makeups but would like to take advantage of
> makeups if I can. Thanks in advance!
>
> Best wishes
> Idris

[-- Attachment #2: makeup.tex --]
[-- Type: text/x-tex; name="makeup.tex", Size: 540 bytes --]

\starttext

\definemakeup[title][align=middle,doublesided=no]
\definemakeup[copyright][align=flushleft,doublesided=no]

@ 2014-09-04 17:14 ` Pablo Rodriguez
From: Pablo Rodriguez @ 2014-09-04 17:14 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 09/04/2014 04:04 PM, Idris Samawi Hamid ادريس سماوي حامد wrote:
> Dear gang,
>
> For a doublesided book, I get spurious pages in this setup:
> [...]
> What we want: copyright page (left sided) immediately after title page
> (right sided), followed immediately by TOC (right sided). I.e.,
> Title+Copyright+TOC with no page breaks

Hi Idris,

sample below that works on my computer.

About the copyright makeup, \page is not required before a makeup (if
I’m not wrong). All you need is to disable doublepage in previous makeup
(with doublesided=no).

About the TOC, \title inserts a page break before, so either you remove
the break from all titles, or create a new title command for the TOC
that doesn’t have the page break before.

\definemakeup[title][align=middle, doublesided=no]
\definemakeup[copyright][align=flushleft]

%~ \setuphead[chapter][number=yes,page=left]
\definehead[toctitle][title]
\setuphead[toctitle][page=none]

\starttext

\startmakeup[title]
\tfd  Title Page
\stopmakeup

\startmakeup[copyright]
Author
\crlf
http://www.website.com/

ISBN: 978-0-9907820-0-1

\blank

Copyright © 2014 Author

\blank

All rights reserved.

\blank

Front Range Press.

\blank

Printed in the United States of America.
\stopmakeup

\toctitle{Table of Contents}
\title{Another Title}
\stoptext