* parbuilder in lua
@ 2014-09-25  7:57 Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2014-09-25  7:57 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Hans,

Can you please try the code below? I found three issues with it:

1. node-ltp.lua is not completely ready for nuts mode, e.g. line 3148:

  elseif order == 0 and hlist.list and last_badness > tex.hbadness then

  where ‘hlist.list' should be 'getfield(hlist, "list”)’

2. with tracing on, I always get:

   Lua linebreak_filter failed, reverting to default on line 1

   which makes me nervous. Does that mean it works ok without tracing, or does it
  just not report that it does not work?

3. with tracing on, there is a double-free of a glyph node (this could be specific to tufte)

TIA,
Taco

Code:

\tracingparagraphs=1
\tracingonline=1
\starttext
\startparbuilder[basic]
\input tufte
\stopparbuilder
\stoptext

* Re: parbuilder in lua
@ 2014-09-25 10:35 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2014-09-25 10:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 9/25/2014 9:57 AM, Taco Hoekwater wrote:
> Hi Hans,
>
> Can you please try the code below? I found three issues with it:
>
> 1. node-ltp.lua is not completely ready for nuts mode, e.g. line 3148:
>
>    elseif order == 0 and hlist.list and last_badness > tex.hbadness then
>
>    where ‘hlist.list' should be 'getfield(hlist, "list”)’

getlist(hlist)

> 2. with tracing on, I always get:
>
>     Lua linebreak_filter failed, reverting to default on line 1

I've seen that before so I need to check the luatex code too.

>     which makes me nervous. Does that mean it works ok without tracing, or does it
>    just not report that it does not work?

cur_p -> current

             local save_link = getnext(current)
             setfield(current,"next",nil)
             write_nl("log","")
             par.font_in_short_display =
short_display("log",getnext(printed_node),par.font_in_short_display)
             setfield(current,"next",save_link)

> 3. with tracing on, there is a double-free of a glyph node (this could be specific to tufte)

some day i'll make an overload of the tracing for context (this code is
somewhat evolving and i want to add some plugins as well ... maybe even
make it kind generic so that we can play in plain tex but as this is all
playground it has a bit low priority)

> TIA,
> Taco
>
> Code:
>
> \tracingparagraphs=1
> \tracingonline=1
> \starttext
> \startparbuilder[basic]
> \input tufte
> \stopparbuilder
> \stoptext

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: parbuilder in lua
@ 2014-09-25 10:36 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2014-09-25 10:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On 9/25/2014 9:57 AM, Taco Hoekwater wrote:

> \tracingparagraphs=1
> \tracingonline=1

I must admit that i never use these ... i'm more into visualizing it -)

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE