* flushing makeup to the right
@ 2014-10-02 17:55 Pablo Rodriguez
From: Pablo Rodriguez @ 2014-10-02 17:55 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dear list,

I have the following sample (with latest beta form 2014.09.27 14:46):

\showframe
\setuppapersize[A6]
\definemakeup[dedication][align={left,nothyphenated}, pagestate=start]
\setuplayout[dedication][backspace=.5\textwidth]
\starttext
\startmakeup[dedication]
This book is dedicated to all those who contributed to it with great effort.
\stopmakeup
\stoptext

Which is the right way to have the cutspace unchanged as in any other page?

width=fit or width=middle center the layout, which I don’t want here.

Many thanks for your help,

Pablo
--
http://www.ousia.tk

* Re: flushing makeup to the right
@ 2014-10-04 10:21 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2014-10-04 10:21 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 02.10.2014 um 19:55 schrieb Pablo Rodriguez <oinos@gmx.es>:

> Dear list,
>
> I have the following sample (with latest beta form 2014.09.27 14:46):
>
> \showframe
> \setuppapersize[A6]
> \definemakeup[dedication][align={left,nothyphenated}, pagestate=start]
> \setuplayout[dedication][backspace=.5\textwidth]
> \starttext
> \startmakeup[dedication]
> This book is dedicated to all those who contributed to it with great effort.
> \stopmakeup
> \stoptext
>
> Which is the right way to have the cutspace unchanged as in any other page?
>
> width=fit or width=middle center the layout, which I don’t want here.

You have to set a value for the cutspace (e.g. cutspace=\cutspace to use the value
from the global page layout) when you use width=middle.

\setuplayout[dedication][backspace=.5\textwidth,cutspace=\cutspace,width=middle]

Wolfgang

* Re: flushing makeup to the right
@ 2014-10-04 19:10   ` Pablo Rodriguez
From: Pablo Rodriguez @ 2014-10-04 19:10 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Am 02.10.2014 um 19:55 schrieb Pablo Rodriguez:
>> [...]
>> Which is the right way to have the cutspace unchanged as in any other page?
>>
>> width=fit or width=middle center the layout, which I don’t want here.
>
> You have to set a value for the cutspace (e.g. cutspace=\cutspace to use the value
> from the global page layout) when you use width=middle.
>
> \setuplayout[dedication][backspace=.5\textwidth,cutspace=\cutspace,width=middle]

Many thanks for your reply, Wolfgang.

I didn’t know that attributes could have values such as cutspace=\cutspace.

Many thanks for your help again,

Pablo
--
http://www.ousia.tk