* \writetolist in mkiv
@ 2014-10-12 18:39 Jano Kula
From: Jano Kula @ 2014-10-12 18:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Hello to everybody!

Minimal story
-------------
How to insert local TOC of manually created subsections after the
section starts?

% start minimal example
\def\ManualSubsection#1{\blank%
{\bf Manual Subsection #1}\par%
\writetolist[subsection]{whatever}{Manual Subsection #1}%
\input tufte\relax}

\starttext
\dorecurse{3}{%
\startchapter[title=Chapter]
\placecontent[chapter,criterium=local] % local TOC OK
\startsection[title=Section]
Here we would like to see the local list of manual subsections
\placecontent[section,criterium=local] % local TOC not OK
\ManualSubsection{\recurselevel-1}
\ManualSubsection{\recurselevel-2}
\stopsection
\stopchapter}
\stoptext
% stop minimal example

Longer Story
------------
Predefined \start<chapter|section> inserts "titledata" in TUC file:
   ["titledata"]={
    ["label"]="chapter",
    ["title"]="Chapter",
   },
   ["titledata"]={
    ["label"]="section",
    ["title"]="Section",
   },
while \writetolist[subsection]{whatever}{Manual Subsection #1} inserts
"userdata":
   ["userdata"]={
    ["first"]="whatever",
    ["second"]="Manual Subsection \\recurselevel -1",
   },
Is this the reason and can I force to write "titledata" in the TUC file?

Real case is of course more complicated and also PDF hyperlinks should work.

Thank you in advance,

Jano

* Re: \writetolist in mkiv
@ 2014-10-12 19:28 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2014-10-12 19:28 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 12.10.2014 um 20:39 schrieb Jano Kula <jano.kula@gmail.com>:

> Hello to everybody!
>
> Minimal story
> -------------
> How to insert local TOC of manually created subsections after the section starts?
>
> % start minimal example
> \def\ManualSubsection#1{\blank%
> {\bf Manual Subsection #1}\par%
> \writetolist[subsection]{whatever}{Manual Subsection #1}%
> \input tufte\relax}
>
> \starttext
> \dorecurse{3}{%
> \startchapter[title=Chapter]
> \placecontent[chapter,criterium=local] % local TOC OK

You can’t put a keyword (chapter) and a assignment (criterium=local) in the same argument
of a setup-command, what you’re looking for is \placelist[chapter][criterium=local].

Wolfgang

* Re: \writetolist in mkiv
@ 2014-10-12 20:57   ` Jano Kula
From: Jano Kula @ 2014-10-12 20:57 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello Wolfgang,

On 12.10.2014 21:28, Wolfgang Schuster wrote:

> Am 12.10.2014 um 20:39 schrieb Jano Kula <jano.kula@gmail.com>:
>
>> Hello to everybody!
>>
>> Minimal story
>> -------------
>> How to insert local TOC of manually created subsections after the section starts?
>>
>> % start minimal example
>> \def\ManualSubsection#1{\blank%
>> {\bf Manual Subsection #1}\par%
>> \writetolist[subsection]{whatever}{Manual Subsection #1}%
>> \input tufte\relax}
>>
>> \starttext
>> \dorecurse{3}{%
>> \startchapter[title=Chapter]
>> \placecontent[chapter,criterium=local] % local TOC OK
>
> You can’t put a keyword (chapter) and a assignment (criterium=local) in the same argument
> of a setup-command, what you’re looking for is \placelist[chapter][criterium=local].
>
> Wolfgang

Thanks, got it: \placelist[section][criterium=local] places the list of
sections included in the chapter.

Still, how to do the same with subsections manually inserted by
\writetolist[subsection]{}{Subsection title}?

Jano

* Re: \writetolist in mkiv
@ 2014-10-12 21:06     ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2014-10-12 21:06 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 12.10.2014 um 22:57 schrieb Jano Kula <jano.kula@gmail.com>:

> Hello Wolfgang,
>
> On 12.10.2014 21:28, Wolfgang Schuster wrote:
>>
>> Am 12.10.2014 um 20:39 schrieb Jano Kula <jano.kula@gmail.com>:
>>
>>> Hello to everybody!
>>>
>>> Minimal story
>>> -------------
>>> How to insert local TOC of manually created subsections after the section starts?
>>>
>>> % start minimal example
>>> \def\ManualSubsection#1{\blank%
>>> {\bf Manual Subsection #1}\par%
>>> \writetolist[subsection]{whatever}{Manual Subsection #1}%
>>> \input tufte\relax}
>>>
>>> \starttext
>>> \dorecurse{3}{%
>>> \startchapter[title=Chapter]
>>> \placecontent[chapter,criterium=local] % local TOC OK
>>
>> You can’t put a keyword (chapter) and a assignment (criterium=local) in the same argument
>> of a setup-command, what you’re looking for is \placelist[chapter][criterium=local].
>>
>> Wolfgang
>
> Thanks, got it: \placelist[section][criterium=local] places the list of sections included in the chapter.
>
> Still, how to do the same with subsections manually inserted by \writetolist[subsection]{}{Subsection title}?

\placelist[subsection][criterium=section]

Wolfgang

* Re: \writetolist in mkiv
@ 2014-10-13  7:14       ` Jano Kula
From: Jano Kula @ 2014-10-13  7:14 UTC (permalink / raw)

Thank you, Wolfgang, here is the working example for the structure manual ;)

% \writetolist & local table of contents example
\def\ManualSubsection#1{\blank%
{\bf Manual Subsection #1}\par%
\writetolist[subsection]{}{Manual Subsection #1}%
\input tufte\relax}

\starttext
\dorecurse{3}{%
\startchapter[title=Chapter]