* Re: korean unfonts "globbing path" error
@ 2014-10-23 12:16 Akira Kakuto
From: Akira Kakuto @ 2014-10-23 12:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Hi Hans,

> mtxrun --script font --reload --force --trackers=*
>
> and see at what font it aborts?

Thanks a lot.
Interestingly the command ran without abort, and
names.tma and names.tmc are successfully created.
After the creation of names.tma and names.tmc, the
example by NY Park works fine again.

Best,
Akira

* Re: korean unfonts "globbing path" error
@ 2014-10-23 14:47 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2014-10-23 14:47 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 10/23/2014 2:16 PM, Akira Kakuto wrote:
> Hi Hans,
>
>> mtxrun --script font --reload --force --trackers=*
>>
>> and see at what font it aborts?
>
> Thanks a lot.
> Interestingly the command ran without abort, and
> names.tma and names.tmc are successfully created.
> After the creation of names.tma and names.tmc, the
> example by NY Park works fine again.

normally context will do a quick scan for changes while the mtxrun
--script font --force variant does a full scan ... maybe there was
indeed some issue with a font

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

       [not found] <mailman.176.1414077215.2277.ntg-context@ntg.nl>
@ 2014-10-23 23:27 ` Jeong Dal
From: Jeong Dal @ 2014-10-23 23:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Dear Hans,

>> http://www.ktug.org/xe/index.php?_filter=search&mid=KTUG_QnA_board&search_target=content&search_keyword=lualatex&document_srl=178432
>>
>> I hope that you have the solution.
>
> not for latex … afaik it uses its own font database

Yes, the above solution is not for latex but for Lualatex.
One of my colleague who try to run Lualatex(TeXlive 2013 in the window 7) first time had a similar problem. After removing Korean fonts like penhl.ttf, taenmr.ttf from the system font file directories, she can run Lualatex.
Someone registered those files in the blacklist which LuaTeX referred to when it scans fonts, and succeed to make font db.

Anyway, it is not the ConTeXt problem. It is because of the problematic fonts.

Thank you for your concern.
Best regards,

Dalyoung

* Re: korean unfonts "globbing path" error
@ 2014-10-23 14:49   ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2014-10-23 14:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

       [not found] <mailman.3.1414058401.11970.ntg-context@ntg.nl>
@ 2014-10-23 12:30 ` Jeong Dal
From: Jeong Dal @ 2014-10-23 12:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

@ 2014-10-23 10:48 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2014-10-23 10:48 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 10/23/2014 12:21 PM, Akira Kakuto wrote:
>> hi
>> below is error message
>> But i don,t know  how
>> korean unfonts is default in ConTeXt system i know
>> help
>
> The example worked on my windows.
> However, after removing all cache files,
> I can confirm the crash.

Can you run with --trackers=* ....

mtxrun --script font --reload --force --trackers=*

and see at what font it aborts? it must be some specific font issue. It
runs ok here.

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

@ 2014-10-23 10:21 Akira Kakuto
From: Akira Kakuto @ 2014-10-23 10:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

       [not found] <mailman.174.1414040740.2277.ntg-context@ntg.nl>
@ 2014-10-23  5:41 ` Jeong Dal
From: Jeong Dal @ 2014-10-23  5:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Dear NY Park,

I am able to run your code in my mac without any error message.

My ConTeXt version is “ConTeXt  ver: 2014.10.19 21:08 MKIV beta  fmt: 2014.10.20  int: english/english” which is as same as yours.

Thank you.

Best regards,

Dalyoung

* korean unfonts "globbing path" error
@ 2014-10-23  5:05 박내엽(NY Park)
From: 박내엽(NY Park) @ 2014-10-23  5:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

[-- Attachment #1.1: Type: text/plain, Size: 16502 bytes --]

hi
blow is error message
But i don,t know  how
korean unfonts is default in ConTeXt system i know
help

thanks

sample
=============
\setscript[hangul]
\setupbodyfont[unfonts]
\starttext
한글(Korean)
\stoptext
=================

result
=================
&gt;context --autopdf default.tex

mtx-context     | run 1: luatex --fmt="C:/ConTeXt/tex/texmf-cache/luatex-cache/context/5fe67e0bfe781ce0dde776fb1556f32e/formats/luatex/cont-en" --jobname="default" --lua="C:/ConTeXt/tex/texmf-cache/luatex-cache/context/5fe67e0bfe781ce0dde776fb1556f32e/formats/luatex/cont-en.lui" --no-parse-first-line --c:autopdf --c:currentrun=1 --c:fulljobname="./default.tex" --c:input="./default.tex" --c:kindofrun=1 --c:maxnofruns=8 "cont-yes.mkiv"
This is LuaTeX, Version beta-0.79.1 (TeX Live 2014/W32TeX) (rev 5064)
 \write18 enabled.
open source     &gt; 1 &gt; 1 &gt; C:/ConTeXt/tex/texmf-context/tex/context/base/cont-yes.mkiv

ConTeXt  ver: 2014.10.19 21:08 MKIV beta  fmt: 2014.10.20  int: english/english

system          &gt; 'cont-new.mkiv' loaded
open source     &gt; 2 &gt; 2 &gt; C:/ConTeXt/tex/texmf-context/tex/context/base/cont-new.mkiv
close source    &gt; 2 &gt; 2 &gt; C:/ConTeXt/tex/texmf-context/tex/context/base/cont-new.mkiv
system          &gt; files &gt; jobname 'default', input './default', result 'default'
fonts           &gt; latin modern fonts are not preloaded
languages       &gt; language 'en' is active
open source     &gt; 2 &gt; 3 &gt; C:/Users/A8526/Desktop/default.tex
open source     &gt; 3 &gt; 4 &gt; C:/ConTeXt/tex/texmf-context/tex/context/base/type-imp-unfonts.mkiv
open source     &gt; 4 &gt; 5 &gt; C:/ConTeXt/tex/texmf-context/tex/context/base/type-imp-texgyre.mkiv
close source    &gt; 4 &gt; 5 &gt; C:/ConTeXt/tex/texmf-context/tex/context/base/type-imp-texgyre.mkiv
open source     &gt; 4 &gt; 6 &gt; C:/ConTeXt/tex/texmf-context/tex/context/base/type-imp-xits.mkiv
open source     &gt; 5 &gt; 7 &gt; C:/ConTeXt/tex/texmf-context/tex/context/base/type-imp-texgyre.mkiv
close source    &gt; 5 &gt; 7 &gt; C:/ConTeXt/tex/texmf-context/tex/context/base/type-imp-texgyre.mkiv
close source    &gt; 4 &gt; 7 &gt; C:/ConTeXt/tex/texmf-context/tex/context/base/type-imp-xits.mkiv
close source    &gt; 3 &gt; 7 &gt; C:/ConTeXt/tex/texmf-context/tex/context/base/type-imp-unfonts.mkiv
fonts           &gt; names &gt; warnings are disabled (tracker 'fonts.warnings')
fonts           &gt; names &gt; identifying tree font files with suffix 'otf'
fonts           &gt; names &gt; scanning path 'C:/ConTeXt/tex/texmf-project' for otf files
fonts           &gt; names &gt; 0 entries found, 0 otf files checked, 0 okay
fonts           &gt; names &gt; scanning path 'C:/ConTeXt/tex/texmf-fonts' for otf files
fonts           &gt; names &gt; 0 entries found, 0 otf files checked, 0 okay
fonts           &gt; names &gt; scanning path 'C:/ConTeXt/tex/texmf-local' for otf files
fonts           &gt; names &gt; 0 entries found, 0 otf files checked, 0 okay
fonts           &gt; names &gt; scanning path 'C:/ConTeXt/tex/texmf-modules' for otf files
fonts           &gt; names &gt; 0 entries found, 0 otf files checked, 0 okay
fonts           &gt; names &gt; scanning path 'C:/ConTeXt/tex/texmf-context' for otf files
fonts           &gt; names &gt; 0 entries found, 1 otf files checked, 1 okay
fonts           &gt; names &gt; scanning path 'C:/ConTeXt/tex/texmf-mswin' for otf files
fonts           &gt; names &gt; 0 entries found, 0 otf files checked, 0 okay
fonts           &gt; names &gt; scanning path 'C:/ConTeXt/tex/texmf' for otf files
fonts           &gt; names &gt; 0 entries found, 214 otf files checked, 214 okay
[...]
fonts           &gt; names &gt; 430 tree files identified, 215 skipped, 215 duplicates, 215 hash entries added, runtime 12.051 seconds
fonts           &gt; names &gt; identifying tree font files with suffix 'ttf'
fonts           &gt; names &gt; scanning path 'C:/ConTeXt/tex/texmf-project' for ttf files
fonts           &gt; names &gt; 0 entries found, 0 ttf files checked, 0 okay
fonts           &gt; names &gt; scanning path 'C:/ConTeXt/tex/texmf-fonts' for ttf files
fonts           &gt; names &gt; 0 entries found, 0 ttf files checked, 0 okay
fonts           &gt; names &gt; scanning path 'C:/ConTeXt/tex/texmf-local' for ttf files
fonts           &gt; names &gt; 0 entries found, 24 ttf files checked, 24 okay
fonts           &gt; names &gt; scanning path 'C:/ConTeXt/tex/texmf-modules' for ttf files
fonts           &gt; names &gt; 0 entries found, 0 ttf files checked, 0 okay
fonts           &gt; names &gt; scanning path 'C:/ConTeXt/tex/texmf-context' for ttf files
fonts           &gt; names &gt; 0 entries found, 1 ttf files checked, 1 okay
fonts           &gt; names &gt; scanning path 'C:/ConTeXt/tex/texmf-mswin' for ttf files
fonts           &gt; names &gt; 0 entries found, 0 ttf files checked, 0 okay
fonts           &gt; names &gt; scanning path 'C:/ConTeXt/tex/texmf' for ttf files
fonts           &gt; names &gt; 0 entries found, 39 ttf files checked, 39 okay
[...]
fonts           &gt; names &gt; 128 tree files identified, 64 skipped, 64 duplicates, 64 hash entries added, runtime 8.131 seconds
fonts           &gt; names &gt; identifying tree font files with suffix 'ttc'
fonts           &gt; names &gt; scanning path 'C:/ConTeXt/tex/texmf-project' for ttc files
fonts           &gt; names &gt; 0 entries found, 0 ttc files checked, 0 okay
fonts           &gt; names &gt; scanning path 'C:/ConTeXt/tex/texmf-fonts' for ttc files
fonts           &gt; names &gt; 0 entries found, 0 ttc files checked, 0 okay
fonts           &gt; names &gt; scanning path 'C:/ConTeXt/tex/texmf-local' for ttc files
fonts           &gt; names &gt; 0 entries found, 0 ttc files checked, 0 okay
fonts           &gt; names &gt; scanning path 'C:/ConTeXt/tex/texmf-modules' for ttc files
fonts           &gt; names &gt; 0 entries found, 0 ttc files checked, 0 okay
fonts           &gt; names &gt; scanning path 'C:/ConTeXt/tex/texmf-context' for ttc files
fonts           &gt; names &gt; 0 entries found, 0 ttc files checked, 0 okay
fonts           &gt; names &gt; scanning path 'C:/ConTeXt/tex/texmf-mswin' for ttc files
fonts           &gt; names &gt; 0 entries found, 0 ttc files checked, 0 okay
fonts           &gt; names &gt; scanning path 'C:/ConTeXt/tex/texmf' for ttc files
[...]
fonts           &gt; names &gt; 0 tree files identified, 0 skipped, 0 duplicates, 0 hash entries added, runtime 0.047 seconds
fonts           &gt; names &gt; identifying tree font files with suffix 'dfont'
fonts           &gt; names &gt; scanning path 'C:/ConTeXt/tex/texmf-project' for dfont files
fonts           &gt; names &gt; 0 entries found, 0 dfont files checked, 0 okay
fonts           &gt; names &gt; scanning path 'C:/ConTeXt/tex/texmf-fonts' for dfont files
fonts           &gt; names &gt; 0 entries found, 0 dfont files checked, 0 okay
fonts           &gt; names &gt; scanning path 'C:/ConTeXt/tex/texmf-local' for dfont files
fonts           &gt; names &gt; 0 entries found, 0 dfont files checked, 0 okay
fonts           &gt; names &gt; scanning path 'C:/ConTeXt/tex/texmf-modules' for dfont files
fonts           &gt; names &gt; 0 entries found, 0 dfont files checked, 0 okay
fonts           &gt; names &gt; scanning path 'C:/ConTeXt/tex/texmf-context' for dfont files
fonts           &gt; names &gt; 0 entries found, 0 dfont files checked, 0 okay
fonts           &gt; names &gt; scanning path 'C:/ConTeXt/tex/texmf-mswin' for dfont files
fonts           &gt; names &gt; 0 entries found, 0 dfont files checked, 0 okay
fonts           &gt; names &gt; scanning path 'C:/ConTeXt/tex/texmf' for dfont files
[...]
fonts           &gt; names &gt; 0 tree files identified, 0 skipped, 0 duplicates, 0 hash entries added, runtime 0.070 seconds
fonts           &gt; names &gt; identifying tree font files with suffix 'afm'
fonts           &gt; names &gt; scanning path 'C:/ConTeXt/tex/texmf-project' for afm files
fonts           &gt; names &gt; 0 entries found, 0 afm files checked, 0 okay
fonts           &gt; names &gt; scanning path 'C:/ConTeXt/tex/texmf-fonts' for afm files
fonts           &gt; names &gt; 0 entries found, 0 afm files checked, 0 okay
fonts           &gt; names &gt; scanning path 'C:/ConTeXt/tex/texmf-local' for afm files
fonts           &gt; names &gt; 0 entries found, 0 afm files checked, 0 okay
fonts           &gt; names &gt; scanning path 'C:/ConTeXt/tex/texmf-modules' for afm files
fonts           &gt; names &gt; 0 entries found, 0 afm files checked, 0 okay
fonts           &gt; names &gt; scanning path 'C:/ConTeXt/tex/texmf-context' for afm files
fonts           &gt; names &gt; 0 entries found, 10 afm files checked, 10 okay
fonts           &gt; names &gt; scanning path 'C:/ConTeXt/tex/texmf-mswin' for afm files
fonts           &gt; names &gt; 0 entries found, 0 afm files checked, 0 okay
fonts           &gt; names &gt; scanning path 'C:/ConTeXt/tex/texmf' for afm files
fonts           &gt; names &gt; 0 entries found, 96 afm files checked, 96 okay
[...]
fonts           &gt; names &gt; 212 tree files identified, 106 skipped, 106 duplicates, 106 hash entries added, runtime 3.143 seconds
fonts           &gt; names &gt; identifying system font files with suffix 'otf'
fonts           &gt; names &gt; 'OSFONTDIR' specifies path 'c:/windows/fonts'
fonts           &gt; names &gt; 'fontconfig file' specifies path 'c:/windows/fonts'
fonts           &gt; names &gt; globbing path 'c:/windows/fonts/**.otf'
fonts           &gt; names &gt; identifying system font files with suffix 'OTF'
fonts           &gt; names &gt; globbing path 'c:/windows/fonts/**.OTF'
fonts           &gt; names &gt; 4 system files identified, 0 skipped, 0 duplicates, 4 hash entries added, runtime 0.940 seconds
fonts           &gt; names &gt; identifying system font files with suffix 'ttf'
fonts           &gt; names &gt; globbing path 'c:/windows/fonts/**.ttf'
fonts           &gt; names &gt; identifying system font files with suffix 'TTF'
fonts           &gt; names &gt; globbing path 'c:/windows/fonts/**.TTF'

mtx-context     | fatal error: return code: 1&gt;Exit code: 1

* Korean unfonts globbing path error
@ 2014-10-21  1:59 neva park
From: neva park @ 2014-10-21  1:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context