* Create an item marker with a counter with Metapost
@ 2014-11-10 18:18 Fabrice Couvreur
From: Fabrice Couvreur @ 2014-11-10 18:18 UTC (permalink / raw)

With the book Metafun I created a marker with metapost. How to add a counter
?
Best regards,
Fabrice

\startuseMPgraphic{itemize:fuzzy}
numeric u;
u:=0.5cm;
save p; path p;
p := fullcircle xyscaled (u,u) randomized 2pt;
pickup pencircle scaled 1pt;
fill p withcolor green;
draw p withcolor blue;
\stopuseMPgraphic
\definesymbol[itemize:fuzzy][\useMPgraphic{itemize:fuzzy}]
\setupitemize[1][symbol=itemize:fuzzy]
\starttext
\startitemize
\item \input knuth
\item \input knuth
\stopitemize
\stoptext

* Re: Create an item marker with a counter with Metapost
@ 2014-11-10 18:39 ` Alan BRASLAU
From: Alan BRASLAU @ 2014-11-10 18:39 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Mon, 10 Nov 2014 19:18:20 +0100
Fabrice Couvreur <fabrice1.couvreur@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> With the book Metafun I created a marker with metapost. How to add a counter ?
> Best regards,
> Fabrice

The puzzler is for you to understand why I only increment by 1/2 ;-)
Perhaps someone else can suggest a better solution?

Alan

\startMPdefinitions
numeric counter; counter := 1;
\stopMPdefinitions

\startuseMPgraphic{itemize:fuzzy}
numeric u; u:=0.5cm;
save p; path p; p := fullcircle xyscaled (u,u) randomized 2pt;
pickup pencircle scaled 1pt;
fill p withcolor green;
draw p withcolor blue;
draw textext(decimal counter) withcolor red;
counter := counter + .5;
\stopuseMPgraphic

\definesymbol[itemize:fuzzy][\useMPgraphic{itemize:fuzzy}]
\setupitemize[1][symbol=itemize:fuzzy]

\starttext
\startitemize
\startitem \input knuth \stopitem

@ 2014-11-10 18:53 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2014-11-10 18:53 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Am 10.11.2014 um 19:18 schrieb Fabrice Couvreur <fabrice1.couvreur@gmail.com>:
>
> Hi,
> With the book Metafun I created a marker with metapost. How to add a counter ?
> Best regards,
> Fabrice
>
> \startuseMPgraphic{itemize:fuzzy}
> numeric u;
> u:=0.5cm;
> save p; path p;
> p := fullcircle xyscaled (u,u) randomized 2pt;
> pickup pencircle scaled 1pt;
> fill p withcolor green;
> draw p withcolor blue;
> \stopuseMPgraphic
> \definesymbol[itemize:fuzzy][\useMPgraphic{itemize:fuzzy}]
> \setupitemize[1][symbol=itemize:fuzzy]
> \starttext
> \startitemize
> \item \input knuth
> \item \input knuth
> \stopitemize
> \stoptext

You can use the visualcounter module, the documentation is included in the package
or you download it from the github [1] page.

[1] https://github.com/adityam/visualcounter <https://github.com/adityam/visualcounter>

Wolfgang

* Re: Create an item marker with a counter with Metapost
@ 2014-11-10 19:13   ` Alan BRASLAU
From: Alan BRASLAU @ 2014-11-10 19:13 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Mon, 10 Nov 2014 19:53:30 +0100
Wolfgang Schuster <schuster.wolfgang@gmail.com> wrote:

> You can use the visualcounter module, the documentation is included in the package
> or you download it from the github [1] page.
>
> [1] https://github.com/adityam/visualcounter

Indeed as also used in the simpleslides module.

Alan

* Re: Create an item marker with a counter with Metapost
@ 2014-11-10 19:28   ` Aditya Mahajan
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2014-11-10 19:28 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Mon, 10 Nov 2014, Wolfgang Schuster wrote:

>> Am 10.11.2014 um 19:18 schrieb Fabrice Couvreur <fabrice1.couvreur@gmail.com>:
>>
>> Hi,
>> With the book Metafun I created a marker with metapost. How to add a counter ?
>> Best regards,
>> Fabrice
>>
>> \startuseMPgraphic{itemize:fuzzy}
>> numeric u;
>> u:=0.5cm;
>> save p; path p;
>> p := fullcircle xyscaled (u,u) randomized 2pt;
>> pickup pencircle scaled 1pt;
>> fill p withcolor green;
>> draw p withcolor blue;
>> \stopuseMPgraphic
>> \definesymbol[itemize:fuzzy][\useMPgraphic{itemize:fuzzy}]
>> \setupitemize[1][symbol=itemize:fuzzy]
>> \starttext
>> \startitemize
>> \item \input knuth
>> \item \input knuth
>> \stopitemize
>> \stoptext
>
> You can use the visualcounter module, the documentation is included in the package
> or you download it from the github [1] page.
>
> [1] https://github.com/adityam/visualcounter <https://github.com/adityam/visualcounter>

Complete example attached. You can easily make the fill color and draw
color to be configurable by a key-value interface.

The counter corresponding to itemgroups is called
\v_strc_itemgroups_counter.

Aditya

[-- Attachment #2: Type: TEXT/x-tex; name=test.tex, Size: 1397 bytes --]

\usemodule[visualcounter]

\unprotect
\definevisualcounter
  [randomcircle]
  [
    mp=visualcounter::randomcircle,
    rulethickness=1pt,
  ]

\startuseMPgraphic{visualcounter::randomcircle}
  begingroup;

  \includeMPgraphic{visualcounter::initialization}

  if (last_counter > 0) and (current_counter > 0) :
    newpicture countertext     ; countertext     := textext("\visualcounterparameter\c!text");
    newpicture max_countertext ; max_countertext := textext("\visualcounterparameter{\c!max\c!text}");

    newnumeric diameter;
    diameter := 1.75 * max(bbwidth(max_countertext), bbheight(max_countertext));

    newpath randomcircle;
    randomcircle := fullcircle xyscaled(diameter, diameter) randomized (diameter/20);

    pickup pencircle scaled \visualcounterparameter\c!rulethickness ;
    fill randomcircle withcolor green; % Can be made configurable
    draw randomcircle withcolor blue;  % Can be made configurable

    label (countertext, origin);

  fi;
  endgroup;
\stopuseMPgraphic
\protect

\definevisualcounter
  [fuzzyitem]
  [randomcircle]
  [counter=\getvalue{v_strc_itemgroups_counter}]

\definesymbol[fuzzy][{\framed[location=depth, frame=off, strut=no]{\usevisualcounter{fuzzyitem}}}]

\starttext
\startitemize[fuzzy]

@ 2014-11-10 23:45     ` Fabrice
From: Fabrice @ 2014-11-10 23:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Hi,
Thank you for all your suggestions, especially for the beautiful work of
adityam.
In fact, you do a fantastic job all.
Fabrice