* layer letterhead and top down distance
@ 2014-11-19 17:51 jdh
From: jdh @ 2014-11-19 17:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ConTeXt Typesetting

I am using:   mtx-context     | current version: 2014.10.18 14:30

I am typesetting a simple letterhead for correspondence.

The design calls for only about a 3 to 5 mm distance between the
physical top of the page and the top of the typeset letterhead.

The pdf view of the output looks good, but an actual printout (and a
look at a "print preview" with a pdf viewer)  of the generated pdf file
puts the top of the letterhead about 17 mm (14mm over target size) down
from the top edge.  This is too much.  I tried adjusting topspace and
topdistance to 0 didn't seem to have any affect.

  In \setlayer I set     y=3mm
  I tried adjusting  topspace  but it didn't do what I wanted and
topdistance was already 0.

I am using theh ConText standalone:  mtx-context   version: 2014.10.18 14:30

Here is a simple minimal file.
%
% Start of minimal example

    \setuppapersize[letter][letter]
    \setuppagenumbering[location=footer]

    \setuplayout[
               backspace=31mm,
               header=5mm,
               rightmargin=2cm, leftmargin=2cm ]

    \definelayer
      [Logo]                      % name of the layer we are defining
      [ repeat=yes,
        x=5mm,y=3mm,      % Just what is this?
        hoffset=0mm,voffset=0mm, % and what is this?  ...offset from where?
        width=\paperwidth
      ]

    \setupTABLE[r][1,2,3][height=5mm,frame=off]  % Put letterhead
information in here.

\starttext

\setlayer[Logo][]
    {
     \bTABLE
              \bTR
               \bTD \eTD \bTD \sc{Company Name}\eTD \bTD
\sc{info}@\sc{something}.\sc{where} \eTD
              \eTR
              \bTR
                \bTD \eTD \bTD 2059 Forest Ave, Ste X \eTD \bTD
\sc{www}.\sc{domain}.\sc{topleveldomain} \eTD
              \eTR
              \bTR
             \bTD \eTD \bTD City, Province \eTD \bTD Tel (xxx) 999-1234 \eTD
             \eTR
           \eTABLE
     }
\setupbackgrounds[page][background=Logo]

     ~    % Need `` to avoid a NULL content page so can generate a pdf

\stoptext

%
% End of minimal example

Regards

only message in thread, other threads:[~2014-11-19 17:51 UTC | newest]