* \preventmode does not work
@ 2014-08-30 17:58 Rik
From: Rik @ 2014-08-30 17:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

At least in MKIV. I haven't tried MKII.

The following example should demonstrate this. With no mode specified on
the command line, this should enable mode three and prevent and disable
the other modes. It seems that \preventmode is not only ineffective in
what it is described as doing, but also disables the following \disablemode!

Or perhaps I am misusing this or misunderstand what it should do.
(2014-08-29 20:57 standalone)

    \definemode[one][keep]
    \definemode[two][keep]
    \definemode[three][keep]

    \define\ModeOne{nil}
    \define\ModeTwo{nil}
    \define\ModeThree{nil}

    \startmode[one]
       \define\Mode{one}
       \define\ModeOne{set}
       \disablemode[two,three]
    \stopmode

    \startmode[two]
       \define\Mode{two}
       \define\ModeTwo{set}
       \disablemode[one,three]
       \preventmode[one]
    \stopmode

    \startnotmode[one,two]
       \define\Mode{three}
       \define\ModeThree{set}
       \enablemode[three]
       \preventmode[one,two]
       \disablemode[one,two]
    \stopnotmode

    \starttext
    Mode is \Mode.

    ModeOne is \ModeOne.

    ModeTwo is \ModeTwo.

    ModeThree is \ModeThree.

    Mode \doifmode{one}{one}\doifmode{two}{two}\doifmode{three}{three}
    is active.
    \stoptext

--
Rik Kabel

* Re: \preventmode does not work
@ 2014-11-19 16:48 ` Rik Kabel
From: Rik Kabel @ 2014-11-19 16:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

(This is a bump, with an improved example, of my earlier note on the
subject.)

In MKIV, \preventmode does not work. It appears to do the opposite of
what is intended, and enable the specified mode. It also does not
prevent the explicit enablement of a mode (as can be seen by
uncommenting the commented line in the MWE).

I have not tested it with MKII , where it might work. (Will ConTeXt
online ever be restored?)

This goes back to TL14 and likely earlier.

Do I misunderstand what \preventmode should do, or have I misused it?

And why are there {curlies} instead of [squares] around the mode name in
\doifmode and friends?

MWE, run context MWE.tex:

    \starttext
    \preventmode[X]
    %\enablemode[X]
    \doifmode{X}{!}
    \stoptext

--

@ 2014-11-21 19:18   ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2014-11-21 19:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On 11/19/2014 5:48 PM, Rik Kabel wrote:
> (This is a bump, with an improved example, of my earlier note on the
> subject.)
>
> In MKIV, \preventmode does not work. It appears to do the opposite of
> what is intended, and enable the specified mode. It also does not
> prevent the explicit enablement of a mode (as can be seen by
> uncommenting the commented line in the MWE).
>
> I have not tested it with MKII , where it might work. (Will ConTeXt
> online ever be restored?)
>
> This goes back to TL14 and likely earlier.
>
> Do I misunderstand what \preventmode should do, or have I misused it?
>
> And why are there {curlies} instead of [squares] around the mode name in
> \doifmode and friends?
>
> MWE, run context MWE.tex:
>
>     \starttext
>     \preventmode[X]
>     %\enablemode[X]
>     \doifmode{X}{!}
>     \stoptext

fixed in next beta (there was actually a note in the source that it
needed checking)

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE