* prime accent not behaving properly
@ 2014-11-25 12:39 Mojca Miklavec
From: Mojca Miklavec @ 2014-11-25 12:39 UTC (permalink / raw)

The "prime" accent (a') doesn't work properly in ConTeXt MKIV.

I'm not sure when this became a problem, but it behaves differently in
TL 2014 as it does in the latest ConTeXt. And it behaved differently
on 9th November as is the version from 17th November. (In TL 2014 the
two example below produce accents of different sizes.)

Minimal example:

\starttext
\startformula
s_i' s'_i s_i^2 s^2_i
\stopformula
\stoptext

The first two symbols should look the same, but they don't. They
should also be treated in the same way as "^2". With ConTeXt from 17th
November the second example (s'_i) seems to behave OK (it was wrong in
the version of 9th November), but the first example is still wrong.

Should I switch back to MKII? ;)

Mojca

* Re: prime accent not behaving properly
@ 2014-11-25 13:43 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2014-11-25 13:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On 11/25/2014 1:39 PM, Mojca Miklavec wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The "prime" accent (a') doesn't work properly in ConTeXt MKIV.
>
> I'm not sure when this became a problem, but it behaves differently in
> TL 2014 as it does in the latest ConTeXt. And it behaved differently
> on 9th November as is the version from 17th November. (In TL 2014 the
> two example below produce accents of different sizes.)
>
> Minimal example:
>
> \starttext
> \startformula
> s_i' s'_i s_i^2 s^2_i
> \stopformula
> \stoptext
>
> The first two symbols should look the same, but they don't. They
> should also be treated in the same way as "^2". With ConTeXt from 17th
> November the second example (s'_i) seems to behave OK (it was wrong in
> the version of 9th November), but the first example is still wrong.

These primes are such a mess:

- old conventions
- inconsistent symbols between text/script/script font (also between
old, new and different math fonts)
- using an accent instead of a symbol
- the need to collapse 2/3 primes
- it not being a superscript

I'll send you a file to test ... which of course might break other prime
cases.

> Should I switch back to MKII? ;)

YES!

Hans