From: Jaroslav Hajtmar <hajtmar@gyza.cz>
To: ntg-context@ntg.nl
Subject: Re: issue with t-scancsv.lua
Date: Tue, 09 Dec 2014 00:45:03 +0100	[thread overview]

Hi Pablo.
I am glad that my library for you to use ...
I noticed that you have in your CSV file header with column names (ie.
head of CSV document). I do not know if you noticed the option put this
information into scancsv.lua library. This is done via the command
\setheader. In this case library does not consider the first line of the
CSV file as a data line. From the header of CSV file are now macros
(from header names) contain later data from rows of the CSV file
(changing in cycle). In addition, you can also use internal hooks. CSV
file can even contain macros (must be defined before processing the CSV
file).

I greet you.
Jaroslav Hajtmar

Example of use hooks etc. eg. Here:

\usemodule[scancsv]

\setuppapersize[C6, landscape]
\setuppagenumbering[location=]

% Structure of CSV file - you can use macros in CSV table too
% name;address;postcode;city;linecolor
% ME;STREET;0000;HERE;\green;
% You;Square;9999;There;\red;
% we;another Square;111;anyplace;\blue;

% Library is making \name, \address, \postcode, \city and \linecolor macros
% when you using \setheader command.

% Your example:
\unexpanded\def\lineaction{
\edef\lowercasename{\lowercase{\name}}
\edef\uppercaseaddress{\uppercase{\address}}
name: {\linecolor\name}\ -- lowercase name: \lowercasename\crlf
address: \address\ -- upercase address: \uppercaseaddress\crlf
\postcode\ \city\crlf

\page
}

% My example with hooks:
\unexpanded\def\tablelineaction{%
     \edef\ehname{\hname}%
     \edef\ehaddress{\haddress}%
     \edef\ehpostcode{\hpostcode}%
     \edef\ehcity{\hcity}%
\ehname \ehaddress \ehpostcode \ehcity %
}

% My simple example with hooks:
\def\simpletablelineaction{%
\bTD{\linecolor\numline}\eTD\hname\haddress\hpostcode\hcity%
}

\setsep{;} % set separator
\setheader % set information about header
\setfiletoscan{mailmergedatatable.csv}

\starttext
% process all file

Here is begin of processing...

\filelineaction

And here is end....

\page

And now we can use internal hooks:

\def\bch{\bTD } % begin column hook
\def\ech{\eTD} % end column hook
\def\blinehook{\bTR } % begin line hook
\def\elinehook{\eTR} % end line hook
\def\bfilehook{\bTABLE } % begin CSV file hook
\def\efilehook{\eTABLE} % end CSV file hook

Here is begin of processing...

%process all file too (endless cycle)
\doloopif{1}{==}{1}{\tablelineaction}

And here is end....

\page

Printing only specific data:

\doloopif{\name}{eq}{You}{\tablelineaction}

\page

Simpletablelineaction:

\doloopif{1}{==}{1}{\simpletablelineaction}

\page

Another using of hooks:

\def\bch{\bgroup\linecolor\bf } % begin column hook
\def\ech{\egroup,\ } % end column hook
\def\blinehook{Here is new \numline. line of CSV file:\crlf } % begin
line hook
\def\elinehook{\hairline\par} % end line hook
\def\bfilehook{Here is all CSV file:\blank[2*big] } % begin CSV file hook
\def\efilehook{\par Here is end of file processing\par} % end CSV file hook

\doloopif{1}{==}{1}{\tablelineaction}

\stoptext