* bug in \setupitemize?
@ 2014-12-11 18:04 Pablo Rodriguez
From: Pablo Rodriguez @ 2014-12-11 18:04 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dear list,

I have the following sample:

    \showframe\showgrid
    \setuppapersize[A6]
    \setupitemize[inbetween={\blank[preference,big]}]
    \starttext
    \dorecurse{3}{\dorecurse{3}{Sometimes is really hard
    to place list items. Am I missing something? }\par}

    \startitemize
    \item \dorecurse{5}{First item that I try. }
    \item \dorecurse{15}{Second item that I write. }
    \item \dorecurse{5}{Third item that I forgot. }
    \stopitemize
    \stoptext

Although I ask ConTeXt to try to insert a page break between list items
(which for some strange reason is avoided), the whole first list item is
moved to the next page, leaving a huge blank space in the previous page
(where the first list item would completely).

I have found this before and this is causing me problems when using lists.

Isn’t this a bug? (If not moving a whole first item to the next page
when it fits in the previous one, not obeying
inbetween={\blank[preference,big]} should be a bug.)

Or am I missing something?

Many thanks for your help,

Pablo
--
http://www.ousia.tk

* Re: bug in \setupitemize?
@ 2014-12-12  8:36 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2014-12-12  8:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On 12/11/2014 7:04 PM, Pablo Rodriguez wrote:
> Dear list,
>
> I have the following sample:
>
>      \showframe\showgrid
>      \setuppapersize[A6]
>      \setupitemize[inbetween={\blank[preference,big]}]
>      \starttext
>      \dorecurse{3}{\dorecurse{3}{Sometimes is really hard
>      to place list items. Am I missing something? }\par}
>
>      \startitemize
>      \item \dorecurse{5}{First item that I try. }
>      \item \dorecurse{15}{Second item that I write. }
>      \item \dorecurse{5}{Third item that I forgot. }
>      \stopitemize
>      \stoptext
>
> Although I ask ConTeXt to try to insert a page break between list items
> (which for some strange reason is avoided), the whole first list item is
> moved to the next page, leaving a huge blank space in the previous page
> (where the first list item would completely).
>
> I have found this before and this is causing me problems when using lists.
>
> Isn’t this a bug? (If not moving a whole first item to the next page
> when it fits in the previous one, not obeying
> inbetween={\blank[preference,big]} should be a bug.)
>
> Or am I missing something?

maybe

\startitemize[loose]

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: bug in \setupitemize?
@ 2014-12-12 15:32   ` Pablo Rodriguez
From: Pablo Rodriguez @ 2014-12-12 15:32 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 12/12/2014 09:36 AM, Hans Hagen wrote:
>> [...]
>> Although I ask ConTeXt to try to insert a page break between list items
>> (which for some strange reason is avoided), the whole first list item is
>> moved to the next page, leaving a huge blank space in the previous page
>> (where the first list item would completely).
>>
>> I have found this before and this is causing me problems when using lists.
>>
>> Isn’t this a bug? (If not moving a whole first item to the next page
>> when it fits in the previous one, not obeying
>> inbetween={\blank[preference,big]} should be a bug.)
>>
>> Or am I missing something?
>
> maybe
>
> \startitemize[loose]

Many thanks for your reply, Hans

What would be the way to add it in a setup command?

After reading both strc-itm.mkvi and
http://www.pragma-ade.com/general/qrcs/setup-en.pdf#page=34, I thought
it could be one of the following:

    \setupitemgroup[itemize][loose][margin=yes, blank=halfline]
    \setupitemize[loose][margin=yes, blank=halfline]

But none of them works. What would be the right setup command?

Many thansk for your help,

Pablo
--
http://www.ousia.tk

* Re: bug in \setupitemize?
@ 2014-12-12 17:53     ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2014-12-12 17:53 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Am 12.12.2014 um 16:32 schrieb Pablo Rodriguez <oinos@gmx.es>:
>
> On 12/12/2014 09:36 AM, Hans Hagen wrote:
>> On 12/11/2014 7:04 PM, Pablo Rodriguez wrote:
>>> [...]
>>> Although I ask ConTeXt to try to insert a page break between list items
>>> (which for some strange reason is avoided), the whole first list item is
>>> moved to the next page, leaving a huge blank space in the previous page
>>> (where the first list item would completely).
>>>
>>> I have found this before and this is causing me problems when using lists.
>>>
>>> Isn’t this a bug? (If not moving a whole first item to the next page
>>> when it fits in the previous one, not obeying
>>> inbetween={\blank[preference,big]} should be a bug.)
>>>
>>> Or am I missing something?
>>
>> maybe
>>
>> \startitemize[loose]
>
> Many thanks for your reply, Hans
>
> What would be the way to add it in a setup command?
>
> After reading both strc-itm.mkvi and
> http://www.pragma-ade.com/general/qrcs/setup-en.pdf#page=34, I thought
> it could be one of the following:
>
>    \setupitemgroup[itemize][loose][margin=yes, blank=halfline]
>    \setupitemize[loose][margin=yes, blank=halfline]
>
> But none of them works. What would be the right setup command?

\setupitemize[each][loose][..,..=..,..]

Wolfgang

* Re: bug in \setupitemize?
@ 2014-12-12 18:39       ` Pablo Rodriguez
From: Pablo Rodriguez @ 2014-12-12 18:39 UTC (permalink / raw)

>> Am 12.12.2014 um 16:32 schrieb Pablo Rodriguez:
>> On 12/12/2014 09:36 AM, Hans Hagen wrote:
>>> [...]
>>> maybe
>>>
>>> \startitemize[loose]
>>
>> Many thanks for your reply, Hans
>>
>> What would be the way to add it in a setup command?
>> [...]
>
> \setupitemize[each][loose][..,..=..,..]

Many thanks for your your help, Wolfgang.

That was in the documentation, but I totally failed to recognize it.

Pablo
--
http://www.ousia.tk