* Simple tocs
@ 2015-01-25 22:52 John Culleton
From: John Culleton @ 2015-01-25 22:52 UTC (permalink / raw)

In this country, and perhaps elsewhere, the front
matter in a technical book will have two tables
of contents, one listing just major titles (e.g.,
just chapters and titles or just parts, chapters
and titles) followed by another one that lists
sections also.

Using mkiv I came up with this:
\startmakeup
\setupcombinedlist[content][list={chapter}]
\placelist[content]
\stopmakeup
\startmakeup
\setupcombinedlist[content][list={chapter,section}]
\completecontent[content]
\stopmakeup
\startmakeup
\null
\stopmakeup

I get no results at all, just blank pages.

Any suggestions?
--
John Culleton
Wexford Press

* Re: Simple tocs
@ 2015-01-26  9:10 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2015-01-26  9:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On 1/25/2015 11:52 PM, John Culleton wrote:
> In this country, and perhaps elsewhere, the front
> matter in a technical book will have two tables
> of contents, one listing just major titles (e.g.,
> just chapters and titles or just parts, chapters
> and titles) followed by another one that lists
> sections also.
>
> Using mkiv I came up with this:
> \startmakeup
> \setupcombinedlist[content][list={chapter}]
> \placelist[content]
> \stopmakeup
> \startmakeup
> \setupcombinedlist[content][list={chapter,section}]
> \completecontent[content]
> \stopmakeup
> \startmakeup
> \null
> \stopmakeup
>
> I get no results at all, just blank pages.
>
> Any suggestions?

criterium=all

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: Simple tocs
@ 2015-01-26  9:13 ` Pablo Rodriguez
From: Pablo Rodriguez @ 2015-01-26  9:13 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 01/25/2015 11:52 PM, John Culleton wrote:
> In this country, and perhaps elsewhere, the front
> matter in a technical book will have two tables
> of contents, one listing just major titles (e.g.,
> just chapters and titles or just parts, chapters
> and titles) followed by another one that lists
> sections also.
> [...]
> Any suggestions?

Hi John,

I guess that the following might achieve what you want:

    \starttext
    \title{Contents}\placelist[chapter]
    \title{More Contents}\placelist[chapter,section]
    \dorecurse{5}{\chapter{Chapter}
    \dorecurse{5}{\section{Section}}}
    \stoptext

BTW, why do you use makeups? They are perfect when content fits in a
single page. Otherwise, you get the following (see page 2):

    \setuppapersize[A6]
    \starttext
    \title{Contents}\placelist[chapter]
    \startmakeup
    \title{More Contents}\placelist[chapter,section]
    \stopmakeup
    \dorecurse{5}{\chapter{Chapter}
    \dorecurse{5}{\section{Section}}}
    \stoptext

To avoid page numbering in your tables of contents (and not having to
remove page numbering in frontmatter):

    \definesectionblock[whatcomesfirst][firstmatter]
    \startsectionblockenvironment[whatcomesfirst]
        \setuppagenumbering[location=]
    \stopsectionblockenvironment
    \setuppapersize[A6]
    \starttext
    \startfirstmatter
    \title{Contents}\placelist[chapter]
    \title{More Contents}\placelist[chapter,section]
    \stopfirstmatter
    \dorecurse{5}{\chapter{Chapter}
    \dorecurse{5}{\section{Section}}}
    \stoptext