* New mkiv bibliographic engine: bug with “Editor”/“Editors” differentiation (?)
@ 2015-01-26 10:07 Jörg Weger
From: Jörg Weger @ 2015-01-26 10:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

new bibliographic engine: bug with “Editor”/“Editors” differentiation (?)

There seems to be a bug in the new MkIV bibliographic engine regarding
the differentiation of the “editor” variable into “Editor” (singular)
and “Editors” (plural) from BibTeX.

I have attached a BibTeX file with only two books, one is a “book”
naming one “editor” instead of an “author”, the other is of the
“incollection” type and issued by several editors. In the BibTeX file I
have used the uninverted names combined with “and”. The same bug applies
if you delete all but one editors from the “incollection” example.

In the following MWE I have changed the language to English and the
style to the pure default APA. In English there should be the
differentiation between “(Ed.)” and “(Eds.)” after the name(s) but only
the latter applies.

% =============== start of MWE =====================================

\setuplanguage [en]

\mainlanguage [en]

\setupbtx[specification=apa]

\definebtxdataset[apa]

\usebtxdataset[apa][150126_testbib_short.bib]

\setbtxdataset[apa]

\definebtxrendering[apa][dataset=apa]

\setupbtxrendering[sorttype=authoryear,numbering=no]

\starttext

\cite[hoffmann:2000]

\cite[sereno:1994] \\

\blank

\placebtxrendering[criterium=text]

\stoptext

% =============== end of MWE =======================================

(My ConTeXt version is “2015.01.13 15:54”.)

Greetings Jörg

[-- Attachment #2: 150126_testbib_short.bib --]
[-- Type: text/x-bibtex; name="150126_testbib_short.bib", Size: 504 bytes --]

@InCollection{	  sereno:1994,
  author	= {Joan A. Sereno},
  title		= {{Phonosyntactics}},
  booktitle	= {{Sound Symbolism}},
  publisher	= {Cambridge University Press},
  year		= 1994,
  editor	= {Leanne Hinton and Joanna Nichols and John Ohala},
  pages		= {263–275},
  address	= {New York},
}

@Book{	  hoffmann:2000,
  title	= {{Sprachwissenschaft: Ein Reader}},
  publisher	= {Walter de Gruyter},
  year		= 2000,
  editor	= {Ludger Hoffmann},
  address	= {Berlin, New York},
}

* Re:  New mkiv bibliographic engine: bug with “Editor”/“Editors” differentiation (?)
@ 2015-01-26 10:52 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2015-01-26 10:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context; +Cc: Thomas A. Schmitz

On 1/26/2015 11:07 AM, Jörg Weger wrote:
> new bibliographic engine: bug with “Editor”/“Editors” differentiation (?)
>

> There seems to be a bug in the new MkIV bibliographic engine regarding
> the differentiation of the “editor” variable into “Editor” (singular)
> and “Editors” (plural) from BibTeX.
>
> I have attached a BibTeX file with only two books, one is a “book”
> naming one “editor” instead of an “author”, the other is of the
> “incollection” type and issued by several editors. In the BibTeX file I
> have used the uninverted names combined with “and”. The same bug applies
> if you delete all but one editors from the “incollection” example.
>
> In the following MWE I have changed the language to English and the
> style to the pure default APA. In English there should be the
> differentiation between “(Ed.)” and “(Eds.)” after the name(s) but only
> the latter applies.
>
> % =============== start of MWE =====================================
>
> \setuplanguage [en]
>
> \mainlanguage [en]
>
> \setupbtx[specification=apa]
>
> \definebtxdataset[apa]
>
> \usebtxdataset[apa][150126_testbib_short.bib]
>
> \setbtxdataset[apa]
>
> \definebtxrendering[apa][dataset=apa]
>
> \setupbtxrendering[sorttype=authoryear,numbering=no]
>

> \starttext
>
> \cite[hoffmann:2000]
>
> \cite[sereno:1994] \\
>
> \blank
>
> \placebtxrendering[criterium=text]
>
> \stoptext

> (My ConTeXt version is “2015.01.13 15:54”.)

there has been a singular/plural fix last week

> Greetings Jörg

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

@ 2015-01-26 10:58   ` Jörg Weger
From: Jörg Weger @ 2015-01-26 10:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

Thanks for the quick reply, so I will update.

Greetings Jörg