* Digits-Module in tabulate does not work
@ 2011-06-09 20:24 yoraxe
From: yoraxe @ 2011-06-09 20:24 UTC (permalink / raw)

I'm using the digit-module and enjoy, that I get a nice output using the
following:

\starttext
\digits{30e-3}
\stoptext

instead of

\starttext
$30 \cdot 10^{-3}$ or $30 ⋅ 10^{-3}$
\stoptext

But now I'm wondering why this module does not work in the
tabulate-environment with:

\starttabulate[|l|l]
\HL
\NC first \NC second \AR
\HL
\NC \digits{30e-3}\NC \digits{30e+3} \AR
\HL
\stoptabulate

In the pdf-file now appears only 30e-3.

Thanks,

Yoraxe

* Re: Digits-Module in tabulate does not work
@ 2011-06-09 20:31 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2011-06-09 20:31 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 09.06.2011 um 22:24 schrieb yoraxe:

> Hi,
>
> I'm using the digit-module and enjoy, that I get a nice output using the
> following:
>
> \starttext
> \digits{30e-3}
> \stoptext
>
> instead of
>
> \starttext
> $30 \cdot 10^{-3}$ or $30 ⋅ 10^{-3}$
> \stoptext
>
> But now I'm wondering why this module does not work in the
> tabulate-environment with:
>
> \starttabulate[|l|l]
> \HL
> \NC first \NC second \AR
> \HL
> \NC \digits{30e-3}\NC \digits{30e+3} \AR
> \HL
> \stoptabulate
>
> In the pdf-file now appears only 30e-3.

\starttext

\starttabulate[|l|l|]
\HL
\NC first \NC second \NC\NR
\HL
\NN 30e-3 \NN 30e+3  \NC\NR
\HL
\stoptabulate

\stoptext

Wolfgang

* Re: Digits-Module in tabulate does not work
@ 2011-06-09 21:00   ` yoraxe
From: yoraxe @ 2011-06-09 21:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Am 09.06.2011 22:31, schrieb Wolfgang Schuster:
> Am 09.06.2011 um 22:24 schrieb yoraxe:
>

>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm using the digit-module and enjoy, that I get a nice output using the
>> following:
>>
>> \starttext
>> \digits{30e-3}
>> \stoptext
>>
>> instead of
>>
>> \starttext
>> $30 \cdot 10^{-3}$ or $30 ⋅ 10^{-3}$
>> \stoptext
>>
>> But now I'm wondering why this module does not work in the
>> tabulate-environment with:
>>
>> \starttabulate[|l|l]
>> \HL
>> \NC first \NC second \AR
>> \HL
>> \NC \digits{30e-3}\NC \digits{30e+3} \AR
>> \HL
>> \stoptabulate
>>
>> In the pdf-file now appears only 30e-3.
>>
> \starttext
>
> \starttabulate[|l|l|]
> \HL
> \NC first \NC second \NC\NR
> \HL
> \NN 30e-3 \NN 30e+3  \NC\NR
> \HL
> \stoptabulate
>
> \stoptext
>
> Wolfgang

Thanks. That was very easy. But where do I have to put the \NN when I
use something like

(30 \pm 3)e-3

?

I guess the \pm has to be in $$. If I type

\NN (30$\pm$3)e-3

there's 'e-3' in the pdf-file again. The \NN somewhere between the digit
only creates a big space (new column).

Sorry for being so slow on the uptake.

@ 2011-06-09 21:16     ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2011-06-09 21:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 09.06.2011 um 23:00 schrieb yoraxe:

> Thanks. That was very easy. But where do I have to put the \NN when I use something like
>
> (30 \pm 3)e-3
>
> ?

The \NN command is place of the \NC command and adding another one will only start a new column.

> I guess the \pm has to be in $$. If I type
>
> \NN (30$\pm$3)e-3
>
> there's 'e-3' in the pdf-file again. The \NN somewhere between the digit
> only creates a big space (new column).
>
> Sorry for being so slow on the uptake.

The \NN column expects a valid \digits argument but your code isn’t supported.
You can now resort to math mode or write your own digits code.

Wolfgang

* Re: Digits-Module in tabulate does not work
@ 2011-06-12 13:34       ` yoraxe
From: yoraxe @ 2011-06-12 13:34 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 09.06.2011 23:16, schrieb Wolfgang Schuster:
>> I guess the \pm has to be in $$. If I type
>>
>> \NN (30$\pm$3)e-3
>>
>> there's 'e-3' in the pdf-file again. The \NN somewhere between the digit
>> only creates a big space (new column).
>>
>> Sorry for being so slow on the uptake.
>
> The \NN column expects a valid \digits argument but your code isn’t supported.
> You can now resort to math mode or write your own digits code.

Sad, that this isn't supported. I think this is a very popular notation.
I'm not that skilled until now to write my own code.
Woud be nice, if someone, who also uses this, could give an example how
to reach an easy success without typing something like $\cdot 10^{-3}$.

So far so good.

Yoraxe