* setupformulas options (or defineformula) and effort to reduce the font in math formulas
@ 2015-03-10 22:45 Jaroslav Hajtmar
From: Jaroslav Hajtmar @ 2015-03-10 22:45 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello List.
I would like some elegant way to diminished font in math formulas...

Is there possibility anything as
\setupformulas[before={\switchtobodyfont[small]} ]?
I need to align formulas, so are not enough to \mathematics {xxxx}

Below is my fallback. You can do something smarter?

Thanx Jaroslav Hajtmar

\defineformula[small][
     align=right,
     strut=yes,
     spacebefore=,
     spaceafter=,
     % before={\switchtobodyfont[small]}
]

% Here is my fallback solution:
\def\Startsmallformula{\startsmallformula\switchtobodyfont[small] }

\starttext

\startformula
\lim\limits_{x\rightarrow-2^{\mp}}{\arctan\frac{x}{2+x}}=\pm\frac{\pi}{2}
\stopformula

\startformula
f':\;    y' = \frac{\sqrt{3}(1+x^2)}{(1-x^2)^2+3x^2}
\stopformula

\startformula
\lim\limits_{x\rightarrow 1^{\mp}}{\frac{x^2+1}{x-1}}=\mp\infty
\stopformula

\Startsmallformula
\lim\limits_{x\rightarrow-2^{\mp}}{\arctan\frac{x}{2+x}}=\pm\frac{\pi}{2}
\stopsmallformula

\Startsmallformula
f':\;    y' = \frac{\sqrt{3}(1+x^2)}{(1-x^2)^2+3x^2}
\stopsmallformula

\Startsmallformula
\lim\limits_{x\rightarrow 1^{\mp}}{\frac{x^2+1}{x-1}}=\mp\infty
\stopsmallformula

\blank[big]

\startsmallformula
\startalign
\NC f(x)\NC = \ln (x^2+2x+2)\NR
\NC f(-x)\NC = \ln ((–x)^2 - 2x + 2)\NR
\NC -f(x)\NC = -\ln (x^2+2x+2)\NR
\stopalign
\stopsmallformula

\blank[big]

\Startsmallformula
\startalign
\NC f(x)\NC = \ln (x^2+2x+2)\NR
\NC f(-x)\NC = \ln ((–x)^2 - 2x + 2)\NR
\NC -f(x)\NC = -\ln (x^2+2x+2)\NR
\stopalign
\stopsmallformula

\stoptext

* Re: setupformulas options (or defineformula) and effort to reduce the font in math formulas
@ 2015-03-10 22:57 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2015-03-10 22:57 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 3/10/2015 11:45 PM, Jaroslav Hajtmar wrote:
> Hello List.
> I would like some elegant way to diminished font in math formulas...
>
> Is there possibility anything as
> \setupformulas[before={\switchtobodyfont[small]} ]?
> I need to align formulas, so are not enough to \mathematics {xxxx}
>
> Below is my fallback. You can do something smarter?

define a bodyfont (rm,mm,tt) where the math has an rscale of 0.8

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

@ 2015-03-10 23:07   ` Jaroslav Hajtmar
From: Jaroslav Hajtmar @ 2015-03-10 23:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

Thanks Hans for the reply.
I take to type some formulas larger font, so that's why I opted to frame
their own definition of a formula environment with small print. Switch
entire mathematical text on small I don't want.
Therefore, I would like to have both:

\startformula
\stopformula

and

\startsmallformula
\stopsmallformula

Thanx
Jaroslav Hajtmar

@ 2015-03-10 23:52     ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2015-03-10 23:52 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Am 11.03.2015 um 00:07 schrieb Jaroslav Hajtmar <hajtmar@gyza.cz>:
>
> Thanks Hans for the reply.
> I take to type some formulas larger font, so that's why I opted to frame their own definition of a formula environment with small print. Switch entire mathematical text on small I don't want.
> Therefore, I would like to have both:
>
> \startformula
> \stopformula
>
> and
>
> \startsmallformula
> \stopsmallformula

\startformula has a optional argument which let you change the font, e.g. \startformula[9pt].

\definestartstop[smallformula]
  [before={\startformula[small]},
   after=\stopformula]

\starttext

\startformula
	c^2 = a^2 + b^2
\stopformula

\startformula[small]
	c^2 = a^2 + b^2
\stopformula

\startsmallformula
	c^2 = a^2 + b^2
\stopsmallformula

\stoptext

Wolfgang

* Re: setupformulas options (or defineformula) and effort to reduce the font in math formulas
@ 2015-03-11 17:18       ` Jaroslav Hajtmar
From: Jaroslav Hajtmar @ 2015-03-11 17:18 UTC (permalink / raw)

Thanx Wolfgang for reply.
I had no idea that it is possible in this way to change the font size. I
could not figure a way for your solution set alignment formulas to right
and how work \defineformula and \definestartstop together.

After defining a new MY formula in combination with your solution works
it fine, as I had imagined.
Is there any possibility of setting of parameters a newly defined
formulas? Or, it can not be done, and everything must be solved within
the initial definition?

One more thanx
Jaroslav Hajtmar

\defineformula[MY][
     align=right,
     strut=yes,
     spacebefore=,
     spaceafter=,
]

\definestartstop[smallformula]
   [before={\startformula[small]},
    after=\stopformula,
     ]

% \setupformulas[align=right,strut=yes,spacebefore=,spaceafter=]
%
\setupformulas[smallformula][align=right,strut=yes,spacebefore=,spaceafter=]
% \setupformulas[small][align=right,strut=yes,spacebefore=,spaceafter=]
% \setupsmallformulas[align=right,strut=yes,spacebefore=,spaceafter=]
% \setupsmallformulaformulas[align=right,strut=yes,spacebefore=,spaceafter=]
% \setupformulas[MY][align=right,strut=yes,spacebefore=,spaceafter=]
% \setupformulas[MYformula][align=right,strut=yes,spacebefore=,spaceafter=]
% \setupMYformulas[align=right,strut=yes,spacebefore=,spaceafter=]

\starttext

\startformula
     c^2 = a^2 + b^2
\stopformula

\startformula[small]
     c^2 = a^2 + b^2
\stopformula

\startformula[8pt]
     c^2 = a^2 + b^2
\stopformula

\startsmallformula
     c^2 = a^2 + b^2
\stopsmallformula

\startMYformula[small]
     c^2 = a^2 + b^2
\stopMYformula

\startMYformula[5pt]
     c^2 = a^2 + b^2
\stopMYformula

\stoptext

@ 2015-03-12  8:23         ` Jaroslav Hajtmar
From: Jaroslav Hajtmar @ 2015-03-12  8:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Hello Wolfgang.

After some searching and experimenting, here is my functional solution.
I wrote it into the wiki. I have not found there eg. defineformula
command etc

Jaroslav Hajtmar

\defineformula[MY][
     align=left,
     strut=no,
      spacebefore=,
      spaceafter=,
]

% so you can modify the settings of defineforumla[MY]
\setupformulae[MY][align=right,strut=yes,spacebefore=medium,spaceafter=big]

% so we can create new start-stopsmallformula
\definestartstop[smallformula]
   [before={\startformula[small]},
    after=\stopformula,
     ]

% and we can so create new start-stopmysmallformula:
\definestartstop[mysmallformula]
   [before={\startMYformula[small]},
    after=\stopMYformula,
     ]