On Sunday, October 24, 2021 7:42:59 AM IST kauśika cittūr wrote: > Dear list, > > In short, my question is: why does \wordright cause a line-break when the > line preceding it breaks with hyphenation and does not otherwise? How to > avoid it (if at all possible)? > > I have this delimitedtext instance called 'amnata' defined as below: > > \definemeasure[amnatamargin][3cm] > \definedelimitedtext > [amnata] > \setupdelimitedtext > [amnata] > [ > left=, > right=, > leftmargin={\measure{amnatamargin}}, > rightmargin={\measure{amnatamargin}}, > ] > > I am using this to quote paragraph(s) of other authors. > Since, I also want to indicate where the quote is from, I use this as > follows: > > \startamnata > ⋮ > \wordright{author} > \stopamnata > > so that the author's name appears at the right-edge of the block. > > When the penultimate line inside the block breaks without hyphenation, then > argument of \wordright is typeset as expected (i.e. in the same line). > > On the other hand, when the penultimate line inside this block breaks with > hyphenation, the argument of \wordright is pushed to the next line even when > there is enough space for it on the same line. > > Here is a sample illustrating this: > > \startamnata > A quote from another author : Suppose that thereisalongwordhere. > \wordright{– author} > \stopamnata > > \startamnata > A quote from another author : Here, the text does not cause > hyphenation in the first line. > \wordright{– author} > \stopamnata > > [I have attached the output here as an image] > > How do I ensure that this does not happen, if that is possible at all? I > suppose this is expected behaviour but I am not able to understand why. > > Thanks, > kauśika Just noticed that the attachment image does not seem to have been sent. Resending … kauśika