* lua code prevents compilation
@ 2015-03-30 15:19 Pablo Rodriguez
From: Pablo Rodriguez @ 2015-03-30 15:19 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dear list,

I have the following sample:

\startluacode

    function document.addfunnyhyphen(tfmdata)
        local underscore = utf.byte("_")
        local char       = tfmdata.characters[underscore]
        tfmdata.characters[0xFE000]   = {
            width    = 0,
            height   = 0,
            depth    = 0,
            commands = {
                { "right", -char.width },
                { "down", char.depth },
                { "slot", 1, underscore },
            }
        }
    end

utilities.sequencers.appendaction("aftercopyingcharacters","after","document.addfunnyhyphen")

\stopluacode

\def\CoverImageFile{}%\externalfigure[TypeWriter][width=\textwidth]}
\definefontfamily[ornamenta][rm][FontAwesome]
\def\CoverImageFont{\scale[width=\textwidth]{\ornamenta }}
\def\CoverImage{\doifsomethingelse{\CoverImageFile}{\CoverImageFile}{\CoverImageFont}}

\starttext
\CoverImage
\stoptext

For some reason unknown to me, the only way to compile the sample is to
remove the luacode snippet.

I need the lua code to have underscore hyphenation in type commands. And
I need two extra \definehyphenationfeatures and \sethyphenationfeatures
to invoke it.

Have I hit a bug or what am I missing?

Many thanks for your help,

Pablo
--
http://www.ousia.tk

* Re: lua code prevents compilation
@ 2015-03-30 20:33 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2015-03-30 20:33 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 3/30/2015 5:19 PM, Pablo Rodriguez wrote:
> Dear list,
>
> I have the following sample:
>
> \startluacode
>
>      function document.addfunnyhyphen(tfmdata)
>          local underscore = utf.byte("_")
>          local char       = tfmdata.characters[underscore]
>          tfmdata.characters[0xFE000]   = {
>              width    = 0,
>              height   = 0,
>              depth    = 0,
>              commands = {
>                  { "right", -char.width },
>                  { "down", char.depth },
>                  { "slot", 1, underscore },
>              }
>          }
>      end
>

> utilities.sequencers.appendaction("aftercopyingcharacters","after","document.addfunnyhyphen")
>
> \stopluacode
>

> \def\CoverImageFile{}%\externalfigure[TypeWriter][width=\textwidth]}
> \definefontfamily[ornamenta][rm][FontAwesome]
> \def\CoverImageFont{\scale[width=\textwidth]{\ornamenta }}
> \def\CoverImage{\doifsomethingelse{\CoverImageFile}{\CoverImageFile}{\CoverImageFont}}
>
> \starttext
> \CoverImage
> \stoptext
>
> For some reason unknown to me, the only way to compile the sample is to
> remove the luacode snippet.
>
> I need the lua code to have underscore hyphenation in type commands. And
> I need two extra \definehyphenationfeatures and \sethyphenationfeatures
> to invoke it.
>
> Have I hit a bug or what am I missing?

I don't know as i see nothing at all with that code .. this is more fun:

\startluacode

     function document.addfunnyhyphen(tfmdata)
         local underscore = utf.byte("_")
         local char       = tfmdata.characters[underscore]
         tfmdata.characters[0xFE000]   = {
             width    = 0,
             height   = 0,
             depth    = 0,
             commands = {
                 { "right", -char.width },
                 { "down", char.depth },
                 { "slot", 1, underscore },
             }
         }
         tfmdata.characters[0xFE001]   = {
             width    = 0,
             height   = 0,
             depth    = 0,
             commands = {
                 { "down", char.depth },
                 { "slot", 1, underscore },
                 { "right", char.width },
             }
         }
     end

utilities.sequencers.appendaction("aftercopyingcharacters","after","document.addfunnyhyphen")

\stopluacode

\setuplanguage[en][righthyphenchar="FE000,lefthyphenchar="FE001]

\starttext
     \input tufte
\stoptext

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

@ 2015-04-01 23:21   ` Pablo Rodriguez
From: Pablo Rodriguez @ 2015-04-01 23:21 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 03/30/2015 10:33 PM, Hans Hagen wrote:
>> [...]
>> For some reason unknown to me, the only way to compile the sample is to
>> remove the luacode snippet.
>>
>> I need the lua code to have underscore hyphenation in type commands. And
>> I need two extra \definehyphenationfeatures and \sethyphenationfeatures
>> to invoke it.
>>
>> Have I hit a bug or what am I missing?
>
> I don't know as i see nothing at all with that code .. this is more fun:

Many thanks for your reply, Hans,

The following code shows the problem:

\startluacode

    function document.addfunnyhyphen(tfmdata)
        local underscore = utf.byte("_")
        local char       = tfmdata.characters[underscore]
        tfmdata.characters[0xFE000]   = {
            width    = 0,
            height   = 0,
            depth    = 0,
            commands = {
                { "right", -char.width },
                { "down", char.depth },
                { "slot", 1, underscore },
            }
        }
    end

utilities.sequencers.appendaction("aftercopyingcharacters","after","document.addfunnyhyphen")

\stopluacode
%~ \definefontfamily[ornamenta][rm][TypographyTribute]
\definehyphenationfeatures[underscore][righthyphenchar="FE000]
\setuphyphenation[method=traditional]
\sethyphenationfeatures[strict]
\setupbodyfont[ornamenta]
\starttext
\hsize\zeropoint
{\sethyphenationfeatures[underscore]\tt pandoc}
\stoptext

If you uncomment the line with the font definition, font loading crashes
compilation. It only crashes with this font
(http://www.dafont.com/typographytribute.font) or FontAwesome
(http://www.fontawesome.io).

Both lack the underscore glyph. This causes the crash, since it works
fine if I replace the glyph with an existing glyph in the font.

Error message:

code.tex: ! LuaTeX fatal error error in error handling
\font_helpers_low_level_define ...\scaledfontmode
                                                  \relax \ifcase
\scaledfont...
\font_helpers_trigger_define ..._identifier_class
                                                  \csname
\v_font_identifier...
\applyfontclassstrategies ...\fontface \endcsname
                                                  \else \expandafter
\font_h...
\font_helpers_synchronize_font ...classstrategies
                                                  \fi \setfalse
\c_font_auto...
\rm ->\ifmmode \mathrm \else \normalrm
                                       \fi
\font_basics_switch_style ...ntstyle #1\endcsname
                                                  \edef \fontstyle
{#1}\ifmm...

Would it be possible that ConTeXt silently ignores that the font doesn’t
contain the glyph?

I think this might be a bug.

Many thanks for your help,

Pablo
--

@ 2015-04-02  0:23     ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2015-04-02  0:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 4/2/2015 1:21 AM, Pablo Rodriguez wrote:
> On 03/30/2015 10:33 PM, Hans Hagen wrote:
>> On 3/30/2015 5:19 PM, Pablo Rodriguez wrote:
>>> [...]
>>> For some reason unknown to me, the only way to compile the sample is to
>>> remove the luacode snippet.
>>>
>>> I need the lua code to have underscore hyphenation in type commands. And
>>> I need two extra \definehyphenationfeatures and \sethyphenationfeatures
>>> to invoke it.
>>>
>>> Have I hit a bug or what am I missing?
>>
>> I don't know as i see nothing at all with that code .. this is more fun:
>
> Many thanks for your reply, Hans,
>
> The following code shows the problem:
>
> \startluacode
>
>      function document.addfunnyhyphen(tfmdata)
>          local underscore = utf.byte("_")
>          local char       = tfmdata.characters[underscore]
>          tfmdata.characters[0xFE000]   = {
>              width    = 0,
>              height   = 0,
>              depth    = 0,
>              commands = {
>                  { "right", -char.width },
>                  { "down", char.depth },
>                  { "slot", 1, underscore },
>              }
>          }
>      end
>

> utilities.sequencers.appendaction("aftercopyingcharacters","after","document.addfunnyhyphen")
>
> \stopluacode
> %~ \definefontfamily[ornamenta][rm][TypographyTribute]
> \definehyphenationfeatures[underscore][righthyphenchar="FE000]
> \setuphyphenation[method=traditional]
> \sethyphenationfeatures[strict]
> \setupbodyfont[ornamenta]
> \starttext
> \hsize\zeropoint
> {\sethyphenationfeatures[underscore]\tt pandoc}
> \stoptext
>
> If you uncomment the line with the font definition, font loading crashes
> compilation. It only crashes with this font
> (http://www.dafont.com/typographytribute.font) or FontAwesome
> (http://www.fontawesome.io).
>
> Both lack the underscore glyph. This causes the crash, since it works
> fine if I replace the glyph with an existing glyph in the font.
>
> Error message:
>
> code.tex: ! LuaTeX fatal error error in error handling
> \font_helpers_low_level_define ...\scaledfontmode
>                                                    \relax \ifcase
> \scaledfont...
> \font_helpers_trigger_define ..._identifier_class
>                                                    \csname
> \v_font_identifier...
> \applyfontclassstrategies ...\fontface \endcsname
>                                                    \else \expandafter
> \font_h...
> \font_helpers_synchronize_font ...classstrategies
>                                                    \fi \setfalse
> \c_font_auto...
> \rm ->\ifmmode \mathrm \else \normalrm
>                                         \fi
> \font_basics_switch_style ...ntstyle #1\endcsname
>                                                    \edef \fontstyle
> {#1}\ifmm...
>
> Would it be possible that ConTeXt silently ignores that the font doesn’t
> contain the glyph?

the message is fuzzy (and i have to check a lua stack issue maybe but
not now) ... if char is nil then char.depth is an error

> I think this might be a bug.

 >      function document.addfunnyhyphen(tfmdata)
 >          local underscore = utf.byte("_")
 >          local char       = tfmdata.characters[underscore]

            if not char then return end

 >          tfmdata.characters[0xFE000]   = {
 >              width    = 0,
 >              height   = 0,
 >              depth    = 0,
 >              commands = {
 >                  { "right", -char.width },
 >                  { "down", char.depth },
 >                  { "slot", 1, underscore },
 >              }
 >          }
 >      end

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

@ 2015-04-02  7:35       ` Pablo Rodriguez
From: Pablo Rodriguez @ 2015-04-02  7:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 04/02/2015 02:23 AM, Hans Hagen wrote:
> On 4/2/2015 1:21 AM, Pablo Rodriguez wrote:
>> [...]
>> Both lack the underscore glyph. This causes the crash, since it works
>> fine if I replace the glyph with an existing glyph in the font.
>> [...]
>> Would it be possible that ConTeXt silently ignores that the font doesn’t
>> contain the glyph?
>
> the message is fuzzy (and i have to check a lua stack issue maybe but
> not now) ... if char is nil then char.depth is an error
>
>> I think this might be a bug.
>
>  >      function document.addfunnyhyphen(tfmdata)
>  >          local underscore = utf.byte("_")
>  >          local char       = tfmdata.characters[underscore]
>
>             if not char then return end

Many thanks for your help, Hans.

This solves my issue.

Pablo