* Turning off French character spacing
@ 2015-04-10 13:39 joasyannick
From: joasyannick @ 2015-04-10 13:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Dear everyone,

Thank you very much.

All the best,

Joas

* Re: Turning off French character spacing
@ 2015-04-10 10:49 ` Peter Münster
From: Peter Münster @ 2015-04-10 10:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On Fri, Apr 10 2015, joasyannick@gmail.com wrote:

> I am writting a French document.
> I would like to turn off the French character spacing temporarily in order to
> typeset English document title or URL. For instance, I would like to define
> the commands
>
> \def\englishtitle#1{\turnofffrenchcharacterspacing{\em
> #1}\turnonfrenchcharacterspacing}
> \def\url#1{\turnofffrenchcharacterspacing{\em
> #1}\turnonfrenchcharacterspacing}
>
> so that a title link “Example: English Title” will be italicised and will not
> have a space before “:”;
> and a URL like “http://www.example.com” neither.

\usemodule[french]
\setupurl[style=\tt\en]
\def\EnglishTitle#1{\start\en\em#1\stop}
\useURL[myURL][http://website/]
\starttext
Voilà: \EnglishTitle{Voilà: Voilà?} URL: \url[myURL]
\stoptext

--
           Peter

* Re: Turning off French character spacing
@ 2015-04-10 10:31   ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2015-04-10 10:31 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Am 10.04.2015 um 12:22 schrieb Otared Kavian <otared@gmail.com>:
>
> Hi,
>
> You can use:
> 	\setcharacterspacing[reset]
> when you don’t want the French character spacing, and
> 	\setcharacterspacing[frenchpunctuation]
> when you want it.
>
> For instance for the interaction you would say:
> 	\setupinteraction[color=darkgreen,style={\setcharacterspacing[reset]\tt}]
> 	\setupinteraction [state=start]
>
> and for setting up the typing
> 	\setuptype[style={\setcharacterspacing[reset]\tt}]
> 	\setuptyping[style={\setcharacterspacing[reset]\tt}]

Not needed for verbatim mode which already disables the mechanism.

Wolfgang

* Re: Turning off French character spacing
@ 2015-04-10 10:22 ` Otared Kavian
From: Otared Kavian @ 2015-04-10 10:22 UTC (permalink / raw)

You can use:
	\setcharacterspacing[reset]
when you don’t want the French character spacing, and
	\setcharacterspacing[frenchpunctuation]
when you want it.

For instance for the interaction you would say:
	\setupinteraction[color=darkgreen,style={\setcharacterspacing[reset]\tt}]
	\setupinteraction [state=start]

and for setting up the typing
	\setuptype[style={\setcharacterspacing[reset]\tt}]
	\setuptyping[style={\setcharacterspacing[reset]\tt}]

Best regards: OK

@ 2015-04-10 10:18 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2015-04-10 10:18 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Am 10.04.2015 um 11:51 schrieb <joasyannick@gmail.com> <joasyannick@gmail.com>:
>
> Dear everyone,
>
> I am writting a French document.
> I would like to turn off the French character spacing temporarily in order to
> typeset English document title or URL. For instance, I would like to define the commands
>
> \def\englishtitle#1{\turnofffrenchcharacterspacing{\em #1}\turnonfrenchcharacterspacing}
> \def\url#1{\turnofffrenchcharacterspacing{\em #1}\turnonfrenchcharacterspacing}

You can use the \resetcharacterspacing command to disable the spacing.

\setcharacterspacing[frenchpunctuation]

\definestartstop
  [EnglishTitle]
  [commands=\resetcharacterspacing,
   style=italic]

\starttext

\stoptext

> so that a title link “Example: English Title” will be italicised and will not have a space before “:”;
> and a URL like “http://www.example.com <http://www.example.com/>” neither.

The \url and \hyphenatedurl need to be fixed.

Wolfgang

* Turning off French character spacing
@ 2015-04-10  9:51 joasyannick
                   ` (2 more replies)