* \version[temporary] in mkiv
@ 2015-04-11  7:31 Otared Kavian
From: Otared Kavian @ 2015-04-11  7:31 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Hans,

In mkii, we used to have the command
	\version[temporary]
in the document, so that the labels for cross references would be printed in the margin, which is extremely useful when proof reading.

In mkiv the command exists, but does not that: it prints only in small print the name of the file or the project information in the footer, and some black rules where the hyphenation of words has not been done.
Is there any command which does what is needed for having informations about cross-referencing?

In LaTeX for example, there is a package which puts the name of each labelled reference in the margin, and when one uses a certain cross reference it puts the name which is used in small print on top of the line where it is invoked. If you want I can send you an example of output where this is shown.

If in mkiv there is a possibility to modify an existing feature, could you please give an indication where I have to look?

If not, should I submit a request for this feature?

Thanks for all your work and help.
Best regards: OK

* Re: \version[temporary] in mkiv
@ 2015-04-11 10:47 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2015-04-11 10:47 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 4/11/2015 9:31 AM, Otared Kavian wrote:
> Hi Hans,
>
> In mkii, we used to have the command
> 	\version[temporary]
> in the document, so that the labels for cross references would be printed in the margin, which is extremely useful when proof reading.
>
> In mkiv the command exists, but does not that: it prints only in small print the name of the file or the project information in the footer, and some black rules where the hyphenation of words has not been done.
> Is there any command which does what is needed for having informations about cross-referencing?
>
> In LaTeX for example, there is a package which puts the name of each labelled reference in the margin, and when one uses a certain cross reference it puts the name which is used in small print on top of the line where it is invoked. If you want I can send you an example of output where this is shown.
>
> If in mkiv there is a possibility to modify an existing feature, could you please give an indication where I have to look?
>
> If not, should I submit a request for this feature?

this functionality is currently not present (not too hard to do but
needs time)

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

@ 2015-04-11 11:50   ` Otared Kavian
From: Otared Kavian @ 2015-04-11 11:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Hans,

Thanks for your answer.
Is the file
	strc-mat.mkiv
the only place where I should look in order to try to modify something and achieve the functionality needed in maths papers?

Best regards: OK

@ 2015-04-11 13:38     ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2015-04-11 13:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On 4/11/2015 1:50 PM, Otared Kavian wrote:
> Hi Hans,
>
> Thanks for your answer.
> Is the file
> 	strc-mat.mkiv
> the only place where I should look in order to try to modify something and achieve the functionality needed in maths papers?

What do you need then? Math is handled in several files.

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

@ 2015-04-11 14:17       ` Otared Kavian
From: Otared Kavian @ 2015-04-11 14:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

> On 11 Apr 2015, at 15:38, Hans Hagen <pragma@wxs.nl> wrote:
> […]
> What do you need then? Math is handled in several files.

Hi,

something like the following definition for \placeformularef below, which would work in multine formulas (I don’t know how to write in the margin next to the number of the formula).

The output is attached.

%%%%% begin placeformula-ref.tex
\def\placeformularef[#1]{\doifmodeelse{proofreading}%
	{\inrightmargin{\tt\txx #1}\placeformula[#1]}%
	{\placeformula[#1]}}

\definereferenceformat[eqref][left=(,right=),text={formula }]

\setupformulas[location=right]

\enablemode[proofreading]

\starttext
We have
\placeformularef[eq:Square]
\startformula
a^2 + 2ab + b^2 = (a + b)^2,
\stopformula
for $a,b\in {\Bbb C}$. Also,
\placeformularef[]
\startformula
\startalign
\NC |x|^2 + |y|^2 \NC = (x + y|x + y). \NR[eq:Pythagore]
\NC \alpha^2 -2\alpha\beta + \beta^2 \NC = (\alpha - \beta)^2. \NR[eq:Identity]
\stopalign
\stopformula
\eqref[eq:Identity] is a consequence of \eqref[eq:Square].
\stoptext
%%%%% end placeformula-ref.tex

Thanks: OK

[-- Attachment #2: placeformula-ref.pdf --]

* Re: \version[temporary] in mkiv
@ 2015-04-11 22:41         ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2015-04-11 22:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 4/11/2015 4:17 PM, Otared Kavian wrote:
>> On 11 Apr 2015, at 15:38, Hans Hagen <pragma@wxs.nl> wrote:
>> […]
>> What do you need then? Math is handled in several files.
>

> Hi,
>
> something like the following definition for \placeformularef below, which would work in multine formulas (I don’t know how to write in the margin next to the number of the formula).
>
> The output is attached.
>
> %%%%% begin placeformula-ref.tex
> \def\placeformularef[#1]{\doifmodeelse{proofreading}%
> 	{\inrightmargin{\tt\txx #1}\placeformula[#1]}%
> 	{\placeformula[#1]}}

less code

\def\placeformularef[#1]%
   {\doifmode{proofreading}{\inrightmargin{\infofont #1}%
    \placeformula[#1]}

but a built in mechanism would probably work a bit different (less
potential interference)

> \definereferenceformat[eqref][left=(,right=),text={formula }]
>
> \setupformulas[location=right]
>
> \enablemode[proofreading]
>
> \starttext
> We have
> \placeformularef[eq:Square]
> \startformula
> a^2 + 2ab + b^2 = (a + b)^2,
> \stopformula
> for $a,b\in {\Bbb C}$. Also,
> \placeformularef[]
> \startformula
> \startalign
> \NC |x|^2 + |y|^2 \NC = (x + y|x + y). \NR[eq:Pythagore]
> \NC \alpha^2 -2\alpha\beta + \beta^2 \NC = (\alpha - \beta)^2. \NR[eq:Identity]
> \stopalign
> \stopformula
> \eqref[eq:Identity] is a consequence of \eqref[eq:Square].
> \stoptext
> %%%%% end placeformula-ref.tex
>
> Thanks: OK

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE