* Handling line numbers in frontmatter.
@ 2015-04-16 19:19 John Culleton
From: John Culleton @ 2015-04-16 19:19 UTC (permalink / raw)

In the sample shown below I get correct (roman)
line numbers but the very first page, imported
from plug.tex has an unwanted page number. If I
surround that page with:
\startstandardmakeup[doublesided=no,page=yes]
 and
\stopstandardmakeup

the page number disappears but the page count is
wrong by one. Page numbers are roman.

I have tried changing the page number sequence
using e.g,:
\setcounter[userpage][-4]
but that has no effect.

I tried iv instead of 4 but that didn't work
either.

MKIV and Texlive 2014.
\starttext
\startfrontmatter
\setuppagenumbering[state=start]
%\startstandardmakeup[doublesided=no,page=yes]
\input plug.tex
%\stopstandardmakeup
\page[yes]
\startstandardmakeup[doublesided=no,page=yes]
\stopstandardmakeup
\startstandardmakeup[doublesided=no,page=yes]
    \externalfigure[graph1.pdf][width=\paperwidth,
height=\paperheight] \stopstandardmakeup
%\setcounter[userpage][number=4]
\startstandardmakeup[doublesided=no,page=yes]
{\obeylines
{\bf From Kitchen to Market-Sell Your Specialty
Food}
 6th Edition Stephen F. Hall
(etc.)
 }
\stopstandardmakeup
\stoptext

John Culleton
Wexford Press
Free list of books for self-publishers:
http://wexfordpress.net/shortlist.html
Updated PDF e-book: "Create Book Covers with
Scribus 1.4.5" coming soon at
http://www.booklocker.com/!

* Re: Handling line numbers in frontmatter.
@ 2015-04-16 19:59 ` Pablo Rodriguez
From: Pablo Rodriguez @ 2015-04-16 19:59 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 04/16/2015 09:19 PM, John Culleton wrote:
> In the sample shown below I get correct (roman)
> line numbers but the very first page, imported
> from plug.tex has an unwanted page number. If I
> surround that page with:
> \startstandardmakeup[doublesided=no,page=yes]
>  and
> \stopstandardmakeup
>
> the page number disappears but the page count is
> wrong by one. Page numbers are roman.

Hi John,

this isn’t wrong. Makeup pages aren’t numbered by default.

Add "pagestate=start" to the makeup you want to get its page numbered.

To avoid adding the same options to every single makeup, add in the
preamble:

   \setupmakeup[pagestate=start, doublesided=no, page=yes]

BTW, I don’t know whether this is is the best way to surpress page
numbers in texts. Because makeups don’t split texts in pages.

I hope it helps,

Pablo
--
http://www.ousia.tk