* Hidden chapter header? ... was: Change counter of chapters
@ 2015-04-18  5:22 Jaroslav Hajtmar
From: Jaroslav Hajtmar @ 2015-04-18  5:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: NTG list

Hello ConTeXist
My last Subject contribution maybe  so misleading that it nobody react. I'll try therefore to bring different view:
Exist any possibility of creating some kind of hidden chapters (sections, subsections)?
The command would increase the counter of chapters (sections, subsections). Maybe it seems as rape of ConTeXt, but in certain moments this option would help me.
In my case it is the integration of practical part of project (worked in ConTeXt) into Word project:-(...

For example I need to start writing any text from 53 page and such from the 5th chapter (or section).
It is possible in a similar way as I set the start page number set also the counter of chapters (sections)?

Thanx for help.

Jaroslav Hajtmar

Here is my minimal example:

\starttext
%\hiddenchapter{Fictive chapter}
%\hiddenchapter{Fictive chapter}
%\hiddenchapter{Fictive chapter}
%\hiddenchapter{Fictive chapter}

\page

\setcounter[userpage][53]

\chapter{Fifth (actually first) nonfictive chapter}

blablabla

\stoptext

* Re: Hidden chapter header? ... was: Change counter of chapters
@ 2015-04-18  7:23 ` Pablo Rodriguez
From: Pablo Rodriguez @ 2015-04-18  7:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 04/18/2015 07:22 AM, Jaroslav Hajtmar wrote:
> Hello ConTeXist
> My last Subject contribution maybe  so misleading that it nobody react.
> I'll try therefore to bring different view:
> Exist any possibility of creating some kind of hidden chapters
> (sections, subsections)?
> The command would increase the counter of chapters (sections,
> subsections). Maybe it seems as rape of ConTeXt, but in certain moments
> this option would help me.
> In my case it is the integration of practical part of project (worked in
> ConTeXt) into Word project:-(...
>
> For example I need to start writing any text from 53 page and such from
> the 5th chapter (or section).
> It is possible in a similar way as I set the start page number set also
> the counter of chapters (sections)?

Hi Jaroslav,

adding the following commands before \startext does the work:

  \definehead[hiddenchapter][chapter]
  \setuphead[hiddenchapter][placehead=no]

But there is a proper way to set the chapter number:

  \setupheadnumber[chapter][56] % +2 or -5 also accepted

By the way, going from ConTeXt to Word you know you are on the road to
perdition, don’t you? ;-)

I hope it helps,

Pablo

--
http://www.ousia.tk

* Re: Hidden chapter header? ... was: Change counter of chapters
@ 2015-04-18 10:34   ` Jaroslav Hajtmar
From: Jaroslav Hajtmar @ 2015-04-18 10:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Thanks Pablo
for workable solutions. Both solutions are working, as I imagined.
Anyway, fortunately I do not work with Word itself, but for example. Colleagues, friends and acquaintances. It is sometimes necessary make something  in ConTeXt when Word is not enough on it. So fortunately there is no condemnation to me, but to someone else:-).

Greeting Jaroslav Hajtmar

From: "ntg-context" ntg-context-bounces@ntg.nl
Date: Sat, 18 Apr 2015 09:23:51 +0200
Subject: Re: [NTG-context] Hidden chapter header? ... was: Change counter of chapters

@ 2015-04-18 16:18     ` Pablo Rodriguez
From: Pablo Rodriguez @ 2015-04-18 16:18 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 04/18/2015 12:34 PM, Jaroslav Hajtmar wrote:
> Thanks Pablo
> for workable solutions. Both solutions are working, as I imagined.
> Anyway, fortunately I do not work with Word itself, but for example.
> Colleagues, friends and acquaintances. It is sometimes necessary make
> something  in ConTeXt when Word is not enough on it. So fortunately
> there is no condemnation to me, but to someone else:-).

Hi Jaroslav,

at least in the Spanish version, it seems that Office 2010 comes with
letter as default paper size. A4 is the default paper size in Spain. It
is a bug, but the vast majority of Word users don’t realize this.

Proably ConTeXt is too much for them, but a word processor may not be
the best option either. I guess a light-weight markup (such as Markdown
in pandoc) would be better even to output .docx files.

And just out of curiosity: how do you integrate both ConTeXt and Word
outputs?

Pablo
--
http://www.ousia.tk