* issue with image in an xtable
@ 2015-04-20 15:34 Pablo Rodriguez
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Pablo Rodriguez @ 2015-04-20 15:34 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dear list,

I have the following sample:

    \setupexternalfigures[location=default]
    \starttext
    \startxtable[option=stretch]
        \startxrow
            \startxcell First line left\stopxcell
            \startxcell\mbox{}\stopxcell
            \startxcell First line right\stopxcell
        \stopxrow
        \startxrow
            \startxcell Second line left\stopxcell
            \startxcell\mbox{}\stopxcell
            \startxcell Second line right\stopxcell
        \stopxrow
        \startxrow
            \startxcell Third Line left\stopxcell
            \startxcell[align=left, ny=2]
                \dontleavehmode\externalfigure[cow][height=20mm]
            \stopxcell
            \startxcell\mbox{}\stopxcell
        \stopxrow
        \startxrow
            \startxcell Fourth line left\stopxcell
            \startxcell\mbox{}\stopxcell
        \stopxrow
        \startxrow
            \startxcell Fifth line left\stopxcell
            \startxcell\mbox{}\stopxcell
            \startxcell Fifth line right\stopxcell
        \stopxrow
    \stopxtable
    \stoptext

If the image is higher than the two rows it is meant to have, the first
two rows get extra height.

Is this a bug or am I missing something?

Many thanks for your help,

Pablo
--
http://www.ousia.tk

* Re: issue with image in an xtable
@ 2015-04-20 16:12 ` Pierre Bovet
From: Pierre Bovet @ 2015-04-20 16:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Pablo,

It seems that if you comment \dontleavemode, the image size gives no effect to the two first table lines.

           \startxcell[align=left, ny=2]
               % \dontleavehmode
			   \externalfigure[cow][height=10mm]
           \stopxcell

Pierre

@ 2015-04-20 16:22 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2015-04-20 16:22 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 4/20/2015 5:34 PM, Pablo Rodriguez wrote:
> Dear list,
>
> I have the following sample:
>
>      \setupexternalfigures[location=default]
>      \starttext
>      \startxtable[option=stretch]
>          \startxrow
>              \startxcell First line left\stopxcell
>              \startxcell\mbox{}\stopxcell
>              \startxcell First line right\stopxcell
>          \stopxrow
>          \startxrow
>              \startxcell Second line left\stopxcell
>              \startxcell\mbox{}\stopxcell
>              \startxcell Second line right\stopxcell
>          \stopxrow
>          \startxrow
>              \startxcell Third Line left\stopxcell
>              \startxcell[align=left, ny=2]
>                  \dontleavehmode\externalfigure[cow][height=20mm]
>              \stopxcell
>              \startxcell\mbox{}\stopxcell
>          \stopxrow
>          \startxrow
>              \startxcell Fourth line left\stopxcell
>              \startxcell\mbox{}\stopxcell
>          \stopxrow
>          \startxrow
>              \startxcell Fifth line left\stopxcell
>              \startxcell\mbox{}\stopxcell
>              \startxcell Fifth line right\stopxcell
>          \stopxrow
>      \stopxtable
>      \stoptext
>
> If the image is higher than the two rows it is meant to have, the first
> two rows get extra height.
>
> Is this a bug or am I missing something?

i don't know (yet) but these \mbox{} things look alien to me (we either
have a \strut or nothing but not some funny zero box)

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

@ 2015-04-20 16:36 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2015-04-20 16:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 4/20/2015 5:34 PM, Pablo Rodriguez wrote:
> Dear list,
>
> I have the following sample:
>
>      \setupexternalfigures[location=default]
>      \starttext
>      \startxtable[option=stretch]
>          \startxrow
>              \startxcell First line left\stopxcell
>              \startxcell\mbox{}\stopxcell
>              \startxcell First line right\stopxcell
>          \stopxrow
>          \startxrow
>              \startxcell Second line left\stopxcell
>              \startxcell\mbox{}\stopxcell
>              \startxcell Second line right\stopxcell
>          \stopxrow
>          \startxrow
>              \startxcell Third Line left\stopxcell
>              \startxcell[align=left, ny=2]
>                  \dontleavehmode\externalfigure[cow][height=20mm]
>              \stopxcell
>              \startxcell\mbox{}\stopxcell
>          \stopxrow
>          \startxrow
>              \startxcell Fourth line left\stopxcell
>              \startxcell\mbox{}\stopxcell
>          \stopxrow
>          \startxrow
>              \startxcell Fifth line left\stopxcell
>              \startxcell\mbox{}\stopxcell
>              \startxcell Fifth line right\stopxcell
>          \stopxrow
>      \stopxtable
>      \stoptext
>
> If the image is higher than the two rows it is meant to have, the first
> two rows get extra height.
>
> Is this a bug or am I missing something?

for the brave ... line 707 in tabl-xtb.lua:

                     local delta = htdp - total
                     if delta > 0 then
                         delta = delta / ny
                         for y=0,ny-1 do
                             local nxt = r + y
                             heights[nxt] = heights[nxt] + delta
                         end
                     end

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

@ 2015-04-20 18:28   ` Pablo Rodriguez
From: Pablo Rodriguez @ 2015-04-20 18:28 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 04/20/2015 06:12 PM, Pierre Bovet wrote:
> Hi Pablo,
>
> It seems that if you comment \dontleavemode, the image size gives no effect to the two first table lines.
>
>            \startxcell[align=left, ny=2]
>                % \dontleavehmode
> 			   \externalfigure[cow][height=10mm]
>            \stopxcell

Hi Pierre,

I’m afraid that the extra spacing in the first two lines is not removed
when commenting \dontleavehmode.

I use the latest beta from 2015.04.18 14:41. Which ConTeXt version do
you use?

Pablo

@ 2015-04-20 18:30   ` Pablo Rodriguez
From: Pablo Rodriguez @ 2015-04-20 18:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 04/20/2015 06:22 PM, Hans Hagen wrote:
>> [...]
>> If the image is higher than the two rows it is meant to have, the first
>> two rows get extra height.
>>
>> Is this a bug or am I missing something?
>
> i don't know (yet) but these \mbox{} things look alien to me (we either
> have a \strut or nothing but not some funny zero box)

Hans,

replacing this with single letters (a, b, c, d, e) gives the same
results (modified sample below).

Pablo

    \setupexternalfigures[location=default]
    \starttext
    \startxtable[option=stretch]
        \startxrow
            \startxcell First line left\stopxcell
            \startxcell a\stopxcell
            \startxcell First line right\stopxcell
        \stopxrow
        \startxrow
            \startxcell Second line left\stopxcell
            \startxcell b\stopxcell
            \startxcell Second line right\stopxcell
        \stopxrow
        \startxrow
            \startxcell Third Line left\stopxcell
            \startxcell[align=left, ny=2]
                \dontleavehmode
                \externalfigure[cow][height=20mm]
            \stopxcell
            \startxcell d\stopxcell
        \stopxrow
        \startxrow
            \startxcell Fourth line left\stopxcell
            \startxcell h\stopxcell
        \stopxrow
        \startxrow
            \startxcell Fifth line left\stopxcell
            \startxcell c\stopxcell

@ 2015-04-20 18:53   ` Pablo Rodriguez
From: Pablo Rodriguez @ 2015-04-20 18:53 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 04/20/2015 06:36 PM, Hans Hagen wrote:
>> [...]
>> If the image is higher than the two rows it is meant to have, the first
>> two rows get extra height.
>>
>> Is this a bug or am I missing something?
>
> for the brave ... line 707 in tabl-xtb.lua:
>
>                      local delta = htdp - total
>                      if delta > 0 then
>                          delta = delta / ny
>                          for y=0,ny-1 do
>                              local nxt = r + y
>                              heights[nxt] = heights[nxt] + delta
>                          end
>                      end

Many thanks for the code, Hans.

This adds the extra space in the two rows that contain the figure.

Wouldn’t it be possible that the figure invades the next row instead of
adding extra spacing to any row?

BTW, imae location seems to be wrong. Top, bottom or middle don’t work
as expected.

Many thanks for your help,

Pablo
--

@ 2015-04-20 23:18     ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2015-04-20 23:18 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 4/20/2015 8:53 PM, Pablo Rodriguez wrote:
> On 04/20/2015 06:36 PM, Hans Hagen wrote:
>> On 4/20/2015 5:34 PM, Pablo Rodriguez wrote:
>>> [...]
>>> If the image is higher than the two rows it is meant to have, the first
>>> two rows get extra height.
>>>
>>> Is this a bug or am I missing something?
>>
>> for the brave ... line 707 in tabl-xtb.lua:
>>
>>                       local delta = htdp - total
>>                       if delta > 0 then
>>                           delta = delta / ny
>>                           for y=0,ny-1 do
>>                               local nxt = r + y
>>                               heights[nxt] = heights[nxt] + delta
>>                           end
>>                       end
>
> Many thanks for the code, Hans.
>
> This adds the extra space in the two rows that contain the figure.
>
> Wouldn’t it be possible that the figure invades the next row instead of
> adding extra spacing to any row?

define invades

> BTW, imae location seems to be wrong. Top, bottom or middle don’t work
> as expected.
>
> Many thanks for your help,
>

> Pablo

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

@ 2015-04-21  4:43       ` Pablo Rodriguez
From: Pablo Rodriguez @ 2015-04-21  4:43 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 04/21/2015 01:18 AM, Hans Hagen wrote:
>> [...]
>> This adds the extra space in the two rows that contain the figure.
>>
>> Wouldn’t it be possible that the figure invades the next row instead of
>> adding extra spacing to any row?
>
> define invades

What I’m trying to say is that the rows in the sample don’t get extra
space because of the image and that the image is place over the next
rows when it is too big for its given space.

This should be the default behaviour, but having an option to activate
this would be extremely helpful in some scenarios.

Here you have an otherwise buggy sample (location is wrong) with the
image placed over the next rows and beyond:

    \setupexternalfigures[location=default]
    \starttext
    \startxtable[option=stretch]
        \startxrow
            \startxcell Second line left\stopxcell
            \startxcell b\stopxcell
            \startxcell Second line right\stopxcell
        \stopxrow
        \startxrow
            \startxcell Third Line left\stopxcell
            \startxcell[ny=2, location=top]
                \dontleavehmode
                \externalfigure[cow][height=19mm]

@ 2015-04-21  7:49         ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2015-04-21  7:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 4/21/2015 6:43 AM, Pablo Rodriguez wrote:
> On 04/21/2015 01:18 AM, Hans Hagen wrote:
>> On 4/20/2015 8:53 PM, Pablo Rodriguez wrote:
>>> [...]
>>> This adds the extra space in the two rows that contain the figure.
>>>
>>> Wouldn’t it be possible that the figure invades the next row instead of
>>> adding extra spacing to any row?
>>
>> define invades
>
> What I’m trying to say is that the rows in the sample don’t get extra
> space because of the image and that the image is place over the next
> rows when it is too big for its given space.
>
> This should be the default behaviour, but having an option to activate
> this would be extremely helpful in some scenarios.

hm, another options we forget about ... clueless about a key/value

> Here you have an otherwise buggy sample (location is wrong) with the
> image placed over the next rows and beyond:
>
>      \setupexternalfigures[location=default]
>      \starttext
>      \startxtable[option=stretch]
>          \startxrow
>              \startxcell Second line left\stopxcell
>              \startxcell b\stopxcell
>              \startxcell Second line right\stopxcell
>          \stopxrow
>          \startxrow
>              \startxcell Third Line left\stopxcell
>              \startxcell[ny=2, location=top]
>                  \dontleavehmode
>                  \externalfigure[cow][height=19mm]
>              \stopxcell
>              \startxcell d\stopxcell
>          \stopxrow
>          \startxrow
>              \startxcell Fourth line left\stopxcell
>              \startxcell h\stopxcell
>          \stopxrow
>          \startxrow
>              \startxcell Fifth line left\stopxcell
>              \startxcell c\stopxcell
>              \startxcell Fifth line right\stopxcell
>          \stopxrow
>      \stopxtable
>      \stoptext

forget about location here, it's used for special placements of a single
framed (like inframed and such), use align={middle,high} etc for it or
the top/bottom keywords

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

@ 2015-04-21 19:47           ` Pablo Rodriguez
From: Pablo Rodriguez @ 2015-04-21 19:47 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 04/21/2015 09:49 AM, Hans Hagen wrote:
> On 4/21/2015 6:43 AM, Pablo Rodriguez wrote:
>> On 04/21/2015 01:18 AM, Hans Hagen wrote:
>>> On 4/20/2015 8:53 PM, Pablo Rodriguez wrote:
>>> [...]
>>> define invades
>>
>> What I’m trying to say is that the rows in the sample don’t get extra
>> space because of the image and that the image is place over the next
>> rows when it is too big for its given space.
>>
>> This should be the default behaviour, but having an option to activate
>> this would be extremely helpful in some scenarios.
>
> hm, another options we forget about ... clueless about a key/value

How about celloverflow=yes or something similar?

Many thanks for your help,

Pablo
--
http://www.ousia.tk