* pausing compilation to show a message
@ 2015-04-24 17:37 Pablo Rodriguez
From: Pablo Rodriguez @ 2015-04-24 17:37 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dear list,

I have this minimal sample:

   \starttext
   \writestatus{apples}{oranges}
   \message{Have you checked this variable?}
   \stoptext

Is there a way that I can pause the compilation proccess to show the
message and that compilation would continue by pressing any key?

Many thanks for your help,

Pablo
--
http://www.ousia.tk

* Re: pausing compilation to show a message
@ 2015-04-24 19:10 ` Pablo Rodriguez
From: Pablo Rodriguez @ 2015-04-24 19:10 UTC (permalink / raw)

Replying to my own message, I have the following sample:

    \starttext
    \message{Important Warning!!! }
    \message{Have you checked the input text? }
    \executesystemcommand{read -p ...}
    \input zapf
    \stoptext

I’m experiencing two issues with the code above:

How can I show the message only in the first run? Is there any
conditional based on the run number?

How can I insert a new line in \message?

Many thanks for your help,

Pablo

--

@ 2015-04-25 18:32 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2015-04-25 18:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On 4/24/2015 7:37 PM, Pablo Rodriguez wrote:
> Dear list,
>
> I have this minimal sample:
>
>     \starttext
>     \writestatus{apples}{oranges}
>     \message{Have you checked this variable?}
>     \stoptext
>
> Is there a way that I can pause the compilation proccess to show the
> message and that compilation would continue by pressing any key?
>
> Many thanks for your help,

\wait

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

@ 2015-04-25 18:33   ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2015-04-25 18:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On 4/24/2015 9:10 PM, Pablo Rodriguez wrote:
> Replying to my own message, I have the following sample:
>
>      \starttext
>      \message{Important Warning!!! }
>      \message{Have you checked the input text? }
>      \executesystemcommand{read -p ...}
>      \input zapf
>      \stoptext
>
> I’m experiencing two issues with the code above:
>
> How can I show the message only in the first run? Is there any
> conditional based on the run number?
>
> How can I insert a new line in \message?

a system mode: \doifmode{*first}{...}

> Many thanks for your help,
>
> Pablo

>> Dear list,
>>
>> I have this minimal sample:
>>
>>     \starttext
>>     \writestatus{apples}{oranges}
>>     \message{Have you checked this variable?}
>>     \stoptext
>>
>> Is there a way that I can pause the compilation proccess to show the
>> message and that compilation would continue by pressing any key?
>>
>> Many thanks for your help,
>>

>> Pablo

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

@ 2015-04-25 18:58   ` Pablo Rodriguez
From: Pablo Rodriguez @ 2015-04-25 18:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 04/25/2015 08:32 PM, Hans Hagen wrote:
>> [...]
>> Is there a way that I can pause the compilation proccess to show the
>> message and that compilation would continue by pressing any key?
>>
>> Many thanks for your help,
>
> \wait

Many thanks for your help, Hans.

Pablo
--

@ 2015-04-25 19:03     ` Pablo Rodriguez
From: Pablo Rodriguez @ 2015-04-25 19:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 04/25/2015 08:33 PM, Hans Hagen wrote:
>> [...]
>> How can I show the message only in the first run? Is there any
>> conditional based on the run number?
>> [...]
>
> a system mode: \doifmode{*first}{...}

Many thanks for your help again, Hans.