* simple signature  boxes
@ 2015-04-25  5:34 henman
From: henman @ 2015-04-25  5:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ConTeXt Typesetting

I now I could use a table to do this but I should also be able to do
this with \framed and \startcombination[ cos * rows ]]

But no matter what order I give to [ n x c ] the result is always a
vertical split and not a horizontal one.

I want the left half of the page for a "Buyer's" signature linr and the
right of the page for a "Seller's" signature.

%%%%%%%%% Mimimal Expample Follows:

\starttext

{ \switchtobodyfont[8pt]
     \startcombination[2*1]
    {
\framed[frame=off,topframe=on,leftframe=on,rulethickness=2pt,width=6cm,
           align={flushleft}]
       { \fillinrules[n=1]{\bf Buyer's Signature: }    }  }

    {
\framed[frame=off,topframe=on,leftframe=on,rulethickness=2pt,width=6cm,
           align={flushleft}]
           {  \fillinrules[n=1]{\bf Seller's Signature: }     } }
\stopcombination
}

\stoptext

%
% End of minimal example\\\

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thank You.
   Henman

* Re: simple signature  boxes
@ 2015-04-25  5:40 ` Thomas A. Schmitz
From: Thomas A. Schmitz @ 2015-04-25  5:40 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 04/25/2015 07:34 AM, henman wrote:

> I now I could use a table to do this but I should also be able to do
> this with \framed and \startcombination[ cos * rows ]]
>

> But no matter what order I give to [ n x c ] the result is always a
> vertical split and not a horizontal one.

You have to add an empty pair of braces after each part of your combination:

\starttext

{ \switchtobodyfont[8pt]
     \startcombination[2*1]
    {
\framed[frame=off,topframe=on,leftframe=on,rulethickness=2pt,width=6cm,
           align={flushleft}]
       { \fillinrules[n=1]{\bf Buyer's Signature: }    }  } {}

    {
\framed[frame=off,topframe=on,leftframe=on,rulethickness=2pt,width=6cm,
           align={flushleft}]
           {  \fillinrules[n=1]{\bf Seller's Signature: }     } } {}
\stopcombination
}

\stoptext

That's an easy one to miss...

Thomas

* Re: simple signature  boxes
@ 2015-04-26  5:12   ` henman
From: henman @ 2015-04-26  5:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

Thank you for ferreting that out for me.  Your correction is what I needed.
Much obliged.

Henman

On 2015年04月24日 22:40, Thomas A. Schmitz wrote:
> On 04/25/2015 07:34 AM, henman wrote:
>>
>> I now I could use a table to do this but I should also be able to do
>> this with \framed and \startcombination[ cos * rows ]]
>>

>> But no matter what order I give to [ n x c ] the result is always a
>> vertical split and not a horizontal one.
> You have to add an empty pair of braces after each part of your
> combination:
>
> \starttext
>
> { \switchtobodyfont[8pt]
>     \startcombination[2*1]
>    {
> \framed[frame=off,topframe=on,leftframe=on,rulethickness=2pt,width=6cm,
>           align={flushleft}]
>       { \fillinrules[n=1]{\bf Buyer's Signature: }    }  } {}
>
>    {
> \framed[frame=off,topframe=on,leftframe=on,rulethickness=2pt,width=6cm,
>           align={flushleft}]
>           {  \fillinrules[n=1]{\bf Seller's Signature: }     } } {}
> \stopcombination
> }
>
> \stoptext
>
> That's an easy one to miss...
>
> Thomas

* Re: simple signature  boxes
@ 2015-04-26 18:14     ` Thomas A. Schmitz
From: Thomas A. Schmitz @ 2015-04-26 18:14 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 04/26/2015 07:12 AM, henman wrote:
> Thank you for ferreting that out for me.  Your correction is what I needed.
> Much obliged.

Sure, glad to be of help. Just one word about your style of coding,
after looking at your example again: you want to be careful with all the
whitespace in your TeX code. I don't know if it's relevant in the
example you sent, but in other circumstances, it will come back and bite
you by creeping into your output. Unless you're sure that whitespace
will be eaten up by TeX, put a % at the end of lines and avoid spaces.

All best

Thomas