From: Keith McKay <mckaymeister@gmail.com>
Subject: Help with \numexpr
Date: Mon, 04 May 2015 16:21:33 +0100	[thread overview]

Colleagues

I've written some code which should extract photos from a directory and
a add couple of lines of description to each photo.  I'm using a
variable (\numberText) as a counter which I was hoping to use with
\getfromcommalist[string1, string2,...][\numberText] to add one line of
text.  However when I try to increment the variable using \numexpr
(\numberText=\numberText+1) \relax I get the error "You can't use
`\numexpr' in vertical mode".

I'm not familiar with \numexpr and there does not seem to be much on the
wiki on how to use it.  Any suggestions would be helpfull.

Here is the code

\setupexternalfigures [directory={/Path/to/the/Photos}]

\defineexternalfigure[photo][maxheight=0.4\textheight]

\define \numberText{1}

\starttext

\dostepwiserecurse{141}{146}{1}/% //\recurselevel is part of photo
filename. See below./

{

\externalfigure[sam_0\recurselevel.jpg][photo] \par /% //\recurselevel
is part of photo filename/

File Name /Path/to/the/Photos/sam_0\recurselevel.jpg\par

\getfromcommalist[some text,another text,even more text,much better
text,even better text,the ultimate text][\numberText]

\commalistelement\par

\numexpr (\numberText=\numberText+1) \relax \par

\numberText \par

}

\stoptext

Thanks