* Removing a single ligature and using swash alternates
@ 2015-05-01 14:18 Manuel Blanco
From: Manuel Blanco @ 2015-05-01 14:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Hello,

I'm using Minion Pro, and I would like to remove the Th ligature (but only
that one).

Also, I'm trying to define a \swash command that uses swash from Minion Pro
Italic. Any help?

    \usemodule [simplefonts] [size=11pt]
    \setmainfont [Minion Pro]
      [expansion=quality,
       protrusion=quality]
    \setupalign [hz,hanging]

Thanks!

* Re: Removing a single ligature and using swash alternates
@ 2015-05-04  9:00 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2015-05-04  9:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On 5/1/2015 4:18 PM, Manuel Blanco wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm using Minion Pro, and I would like to remove the Th ligature (but
> only that one).
>
> Also, I'm trying to define a \swash command that uses swash from Minion
> Pro Italic. Any help?
>
>      \usemodule [simplefonts] [size=11pt]
>      \setmainfont [Minion Pro]
>        [expansion=quality,
>         protrusion=quality]
>      \setupalign [hz,hanging]

\noligature{Th}anks

> Thanks!

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

@ 2015-05-04 13:05   ` Manuel Blanco
From: Manuel Blanco @ 2015-05-04 13:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

The problem is that it's a 500 page document, I would like a general
way to deactivate the Th ligature. If there's no “semiautomated
system” (like feature files) to remove ligatures, I guess it could be
possible to do a general replacement in the document, altough I don't
remember the command, I think I might have seen something like

    \definereplacement [Th] [\noligature{Th}]

that would, in a hackish way, deactivate it. What's the exact
interface in that case?

No idea about the Swashes? I thought that this would work

    \definefontfeature [swash] [swsh=yes]
    \setmainfont [Minion Pro]
      [features=swash,
       expansion=quality,
       protrusion=quality]

but it doesn't.

\noligature{Th}anks! :)

@ 2015-05-04 17:01     ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2015-05-04 17:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 5/4/2015 3:05 PM, Manuel Blanco wrote:
> The problem is that it's a 500 page document, I would like a general
> way to deactivate the Th ligature. If there's no “semiautomated
> system” (like feature files) to remove ligatures, I guess it could be
> possible to do a general replacement in the document, altough I don't
> remember the command, I think I might have seen something like
>
>      \definereplacement [Th] [\noligature{Th}]
>
> that would, in a hackish way, deactivate it. What's the exact
> interface in that case?
>
> No idea about the Swashes? I thought that this would work
>
>      \definefontfeature [swash] [swsh=yes]
>      \setmainfont [Minion Pro]
>        [features=swash,
>         expansion=quality,
>         protrusion=quality]
>
> but it doesn't.

\definefontfeature [swash][default][swsh=yes]

> \noligature{Th}anks! :)

>> On 5/1/2015 4:18 PM, Manuel Blanco wrote:
>>>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I'm using Minion Pro, and I would like to remove the Th ligature (but
>>> only that one).
>>>
>>> Also, I'm trying to define a \swash command that uses swash from Minion
>>> Pro Italic. Any help?
>>>
>>>       \usemodule [simplefonts] [size=11pt]
>>>       \setmainfont [Minion Pro]
>>>         [expansion=quality,
>>>          protrusion=quality]
>>>       \setupalign [hz,hanging]
>>

>> \noligature{Th}anks
>>
>>> Thanks!

>> --

>>                                            Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
>>                Ridderstraat 27 | 8061 GH Hasselt | The Netherlands
>>      tel: 038 477 53 69 | voip: 087 875 68 74 | www.pragma-ade.com
>>                                               | www.pragma-pod.nl

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE