* texexec --version
@ 2015-05-06 17:41 Mojca Miklavec
From: Mojca Miklavec @ 2015-05-06 17:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dear Hans,

Is there any chance that "texexec --version" would generate something
more "useful" than the following?

> texexec --version

resolvers       | trees | analyzing '/Users/me/Library/texmf'TeXExec |
version 6.2.1 - 1997-2009 - PRAGMA ADE/POD

You probably don't see the prepended stuff outside of TeX Live (that's
from TEXMFHOME).

Mojca

* Re: texexec --version
@ 2015-05-06 17:57 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2015-05-06 17:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On 5/6/2015 7:41 PM, Mojca Miklavec wrote:
> Dear Hans,
>
> Is there any chance that "texexec --version" would generate something
> more "useful" than the following?

>> texexec --version
>
> resolvers       | trees | analyzing '/Users/me/Library/texmf'TeXExec |
> version 6.2.1 - 1997-2009 - PRAGMA ADE/POD
>
> You probably don't see the prepended stuff outside of TeX Live (that's
> from TEXMFHOME).

(1) what is the reason? some issue?
(2) what extra?

here i get

 >texexec --version
TeXExec | version 6.2.1 - 1997-2009 - PRAGMA ADE/POD

there is not much more to mention about texexec

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: texexec --version
@ 2006-01-30  8:32     ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2006-01-30  8:32 UTC (permalink / raw)

Taco Hoekwater wrote:
> VnPenguin wrote:
>
>> On 1/28/06, Peter Münster <pmlists@free.fr> wrote:
>>

>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> "texexec --version" creates always the files texvers-mpgraph.mp and
>>> mpgraph.mp. Is this really necessary?
>>>

> We can patch texexec to do this automatically, no problem.

if ($Version} {
    $Purge = 1
    }

should do the trick

* Re: texexec --version
@ 2006-01-30  8:27   ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2006-01-30  8:27 UTC (permalink / raw)

VnPenguin wrote:
> On 1/28/06, Peter Münster <pmlists@free.fr> wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> "texexec --version" creates always the files texvers-mpgraph.mp and
>> mpgraph.mp. Is this really necessary?
>>

> No, you could remove them.

texutil --purge

(ctxtools --purge)

Hans

* Re: texexec --version
@ 2006-01-29 12:52     ` VnPenguin
From: VnPenguin @ 2006-01-29 12:52 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 1/29/06, Taco Hoekwater <taco@elvenkind.com> wrote:
> VnPenguin wrote:
> > On 1/28/06, Peter Münster <pmlists@free.fr> wrote:
> >
> >>Hello,
> >>
> >>"texexec --version" creates always the files texvers-mpgraph.mp and
> >>mpgraph.mp. Is this really necessary?
>
> We can patch texexec to do this automatically, no problem.

Yes, of course:
In the script texexec.pl (script/context/perl folder), replace the line 3051:

  unlink <texvers.*>;

by two following lines:

  unlink <texvers*.*>;
  unlink 'mpgraph.mp';

That's all,

--
http://vnoss.org
Vietnamese Open Source Software Community

* Re: texexec --version
@ 2006-01-29 11:23   ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2006-01-29 11:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

VnPenguin wrote:
> On 1/28/06, Peter Münster <pmlists@free.fr> wrote:
>
>>Hello,
>>
>>"texexec --version" creates always the files texvers-mpgraph.mp and
>>mpgraph.mp. Is this really necessary?

We can patch texexec to do this automatically, no problem.

Taco

* Re: texexec --version
@ 2006-01-28 19:00 ` VnPenguin
From: VnPenguin @ 2006-01-28 19:00 UTC (permalink / raw)