* issue with xtable in latest beta
@ 2015-05-13 15:34 Pablo Rodriguez
From: Pablo Rodriguez @ 2015-05-13 15:34 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hans,

I have the following sample:

    \setupindenting[yes, always, big]
    \starttext
    This is the first pagraph.

    \startbuffer[somextable]
    \startxtable[option=stretch, align=center]
        \startxrow
            \startxcell[width=.3\textwidth] a \stopxcell
            \startxcell[width=.2\textwidth] b \stopxcell
            \startxcell[width=.2\textwidth] c \stopxcell
            \startxcell[width=.3\textwidth] d \stopxcell
        \stopxrow
    \stopxtable
    \stopbuffer

    \startxtable[option=stretch, align=center]
        \startxrow
            \startxcell[width=.2\textwidth] a \stopxcell
            \startxcell b \stopxcell
            \startxcell c \stopxcell
            \startxcell[width=.2\textwidth] d \stopxcell
        \stopxrow
    \stopxtable

    This is the second paragraph.

    \getbuffer[somextable]

    This is the third paragraph.
    \stoptext

With beta from 2015.05.13 13:04, the second and third paragraphs aren’t
indented. With beta from 2015.03.25 22:13, all three paragraphs are
indented.

I’m afraid this may be a bug.

Many thanks for your help,

Pablo
--
http://www.ousia.tk

* Re: issue with xtable in latest beta
@ 2015-05-13 15:57 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2015-05-13 15:57 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Am 13.05.2015 um 17:34 schrieb Pablo Rodriguez <oinos@gmx.es>:
>
> Hans,
>
> I have the following sample:
>
>    \setupindenting[yes, always, big]
>    \starttext
>    This is the first pagraph.
>
>    \startbuffer[somextable]
>    \startxtable[option=stretch, align=center]
>        \startxrow
>            \startxcell[width=.3\textwidth] a \stopxcell
>            \startxcell[width=.2\textwidth] b \stopxcell
>            \startxcell[width=.2\textwidth] c \stopxcell
>            \startxcell[width=.3\textwidth] d \stopxcell
>        \stopxrow
>    \stopxtable
>    \stopbuffer
>
>    \startxtable[option=stretch, align=center]
>        \startxrow
>            \startxcell[width=.2\textwidth] a \stopxcell
>            \startxcell b \stopxcell
>            \startxcell c \stopxcell
>            \startxcell[width=.2\textwidth] d \stopxcell
>        \stopxrow
>    \stopxtable
>
>    This is the second paragraph.
>
>    \getbuffer[somextable]
>
>    This is the third paragraph.
>    \stoptext
>
> With beta from 2015.05.13 13:04, the second and third paragraphs aren’t
> indented. With beta from 2015.03.25 22:13, all three paragraphs are
> indented.
>
> I’m afraid this may be a bug.

The missing indentation of the paragraph after the table is caused by the \noindentation
command which is called when you set “split=no” for your xtables. In older versions of
the code Hans used \noindent instead which didn’t lead to the indentation problem.

\setvalue{\??xtableflushsplit\v!no}%
  {\noindentation % better than \noindent (no \dontleavehmode here) % else no leftskip etc
  %\ignorespaces
   \clf_x_table_flush
     method {\v!normal}%
   \relax
   \removeunwantedspaces}

Wolfgang

* Re: issue with xtable in latest beta
@ 2015-05-13 17:00   ` Pablo Rodriguez
From: Pablo Rodriguez @ 2015-05-13 17:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

> [...]
> The missing indentation of the paragraph after the table is caused
> by the \noindentationcommand which is called when you set “split=no”
> for your xtables. In older versions ofthe code Hans used \noindent instead
> which didn’t lead to the indentation problem.
>
> \setvalue{\??xtableflushsplit\v!no}%
>   {\noindentation % better than \noindent (no \dontleavehmode here) % else no leftskip etc
>   %\ignorespaces
>    \clf_x_table_flush
>      method {\v!normal}%
>    \relax
>    \removeunwantedspaces}

Many thanks for your reply, Wolfgang.

The code above was introduced to solve an extra blank space reported by
me (http://www.ntg.nl/pipermail/ntg-context/2015/082111.html).

Removing also \noindentation seems to work here.

Wouldn’t it be possible to remove it? (I mean, split=yes lacks
\noidentation and it works fine with this.)

BTW, I discovered another issue with "split=yes". There is less blank
space after the table than when the table isn’t splitted.

    \setupindenting[yes, always, big]
    \starttext
    This is the first pagraph.

    \startxtable[option=stretch, split=yes, align=center]

@ 2015-05-13 17:12   ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2015-05-13 17:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

>> Am 13.05.2015 um 17:34 schrieb Pablo Rodriguez <oinos@gmx.es>:
>>
>> Hans,
>>
>> I have the following sample:
>>
>>     \setupindenting[yes, always, big]
>>     \starttext
>>     This is the first pagraph.
>>
>>     \startbuffer[somextable]
>>     \startxtable[option=stretch, align=center]
>>         \startxrow
>>             \startxcell[width=.3\textwidth] a \stopxcell
>>             \startxcell[width=.2\textwidth] b \stopxcell
>>             \startxcell[width=.2\textwidth] c \stopxcell
>>             \startxcell[width=.3\textwidth] d \stopxcell
>>         \stopxrow
>>     \stopxtable
>>     \stopbuffer
>>
>>     \startxtable[option=stretch, align=center]
>>         \startxrow
>>             \startxcell[width=.2\textwidth] a \stopxcell
>>             \startxcell b \stopxcell
>>             \startxcell c \stopxcell
>>             \startxcell[width=.2\textwidth] d \stopxcell
>>         \stopxrow
>>     \stopxtable
>>
>>     This is the second paragraph.
>>
>>     \getbuffer[somextable]
>>
>>     This is the third paragraph.
>>     \stoptext
>>
>> With beta from 2015.05.13 13:04, the second and third paragraphs aren’t
>> indented. With beta from 2015.03.25 22:13, all three paragraphs are
>> indented.
>>
>> I’m afraid this may be a bug.
>

> The missing indentation of the paragraph after the table is caused by the \noindentation
> command which is called when you set “split=no” for your xtables. In older versions of
> the code Hans used \noindent instead which didn’t lead to the indentation problem.
>
> \setvalue{\??xtableflushsplit\v!no}%
>    {\noindentation % better than \noindent (no \dontleavehmode here) % else no leftskip etc
>    %\ignorespaces
>     \clf_x_table_flush
>       method {\v!normal}%
>     \relax
>     \removeunwantedspaces}

it's hard to find a robust solution

\setvalue{\??xtableflushsplit\v!no}%
   {% \noindent       % gives extra line after table
    % \dontleavehmode % no leftskip
    \kern\zeropoint   % yet another guess
    \ignorespaces
    \clf_x_table_flush
      method {\v!normal}%
    \relax
    \removeunwantedspaces}

(test with \leftskip3cm)

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

@ 2015-05-13 17:36     ` Pablo Rodriguez
From: Pablo Rodriguez @ 2015-05-13 17:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 05/13/2015 07:12 PM, Hans Hagen wrote:
> [...]
> it's hard to find a robust solution
>
> \setvalue{\??xtableflushsplit\v!no}%
>    {% \noindent       % gives extra line after table
>     % \dontleavehmode % no leftskip
>     \kern\zeropoint   % yet another guess
>     \ignorespaces
>     \clf_x_table_flush
>       method {\v!normal}%
>     \relax
>     \removeunwantedspaces}

It works fine for me, Hans.

BTW, wouldn’t it be possible to add "\kern\zeropoint" to
"\setvalue{\??xtableflushsplit\v!yes}".

Otherwise, there is no proper blank space after splitted xtables (as
shown in the sample from my previous message
[http://www.ntg.nl/pipermail/ntg-context/2015/082170.html]).

Many thanks for your help,

Pablo
--

@ 2015-05-13 18:02       ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2015-05-13 18:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On 5/13/2015 7:36 PM, Pablo Rodriguez wrote:
> On 05/13/2015 07:12 PM, Hans Hagen wrote:
>> [...]
>> it's hard to find a robust solution
>>
>> \setvalue{\??xtableflushsplit\v!no}%
>>     {% \noindent       % gives extra line after table
>>      % \dontleavehmode % no leftskip
>>      \kern\zeropoint   % yet another guess
>>      \ignorespaces
>>      \clf_x_table_flush
>>        method {\v!normal}%
>>      \relax
>>      \removeunwantedspaces}
>
> It works fine for me, Hans.
>
> BTW, wouldn’t it be possible to add "\kern\zeropoint" to
> "\setvalue{\??xtableflushsplit\v!yes}".
>
> Otherwise, there is no proper blank space after splitted xtables (as
> shown in the sample from my previous message
> [http://www.ntg.nl/pipermail/ntg-context/2015/082170.html]).

i'd rather figure out why there is a space issue then mess with extra kerns

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE