* Minimum distance between text and footnotes
@ 2015-05-20 15:19 Hannes Riebl
From: Hannes Riebl @ 2015-05-20 15:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Dear list,

is there a way to set a minimum distance between the text and the
footnotes? I have done some research but could not find anything helpful.

Best regards
Hannes Riebl

--
Hannes Riebl
Abteilung Forschung & Entwicklung

Georg-August-Universität Göttingen
Niedersächsische Staats- und Universitätsbibliothek Göttingen
D-37070 Göttingen

Papendiek 14 (Historisches Gebäude, Raum 2.409)

hriebl@sub.uni-goettingen.de
http://www.sub.uni-goettingen.de
http://www.rdd.sub.uni-goettingen.de
http://dhd-blog.org

* Re: Minimum distance between text and footnotes
@ 2015-05-21 16:01 ` Hannes Riebl
From: Hannes Riebl @ 2015-05-21 16:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On 05/20/2015 05:19 PM, Hannes Riebl wrote:
> Dear list,
>
> is there a way to set a minimum distance between the text and the
> footnotes? I have done some research but could not find anything helpful.
>
> Best regards
> Hannes Riebl

Just for the record: Mojca addressed this problem in 2005:

http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.tex.context/22155

However, this code results in "! Argument of \spac_vspacing_yes_indeed
has an extra }":

\setupnote[footnote]
   [before=\blank[8mm]]

\starttext
\dorecurse{3}{\input knuth\footnote{abc}}
\stoptext

Guess that's a bug? Using this code instead, everything works out as
expected:

\def\myblank{\blank[8mm]}

\setupnote[footnote]
   [before=\myblank]

@ 2015-05-21 16:15   ` Mojca Miklavec
From: Mojca Miklavec @ 2015-05-21 16:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thu, May 21, 2015 at 6:01 PM, Hannes Riebl wrote:
> On 05/20/2015 05:19 PM, Hannes Riebl wrote:
>>
>> Dear list,
>>
>> is there a way to set a minimum distance between the text and the
>> footnotes? I have done some research but could not find anything helpful.
>>
>> Best regards
>> Hannes Riebl
>

> Just for the record: Mojca addressed this problem in 2005:
>
> http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.tex.context/22155

As AR would say: "I deny everything" ;)

> However, this code results in "! Argument of \spac_vspacing_yes_indeed has
> an extra }":
>
> \setupnote[footnote]
>   [before=\blank[8mm]]

If nothing else this is not valid syntax because the first closing
bracket "]" is treated as the one closing "\setupnote". The correct
syntax would be:

\setupnote[footnote]
   [before={\blank[8mm]}]

Mojca

* Re: Minimum distance between text and footnotes
@ 2015-05-22  8:09     ` Hannes Riebl
From: Hannes Riebl @ 2015-05-22  8:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On 05/21/2015 06:15 PM, Mojca Miklavec wrote:
> If nothing else this is not valid syntax because the first closing
> bracket "]" is treated as the one closing "\setupnote". The correct
> syntax would be:
>
> \setupnote[footnote]
>     [before={\blank[8mm]}]

Oh well, stupid me. Thanks for the clarification, Mojca.

Best regards
Hannes Riebl