On 24 May 2015, at 22:53, Wolfgang Schuster > wrote: Am 24.05.2015 um 21:33 schrieb Meer, H. van der >: Here an example as minimal as I could construct. The spaces in the output are produced by the spaces between the tags (\xmlstrip doesn’t seem to work) and you have to use a combination of \removeunwantedspaces and \ignorespaces to remove them. To center your table this isn’t necessary when you replace \midaligned with a framedtext environment in combination with “location=middle” or use a float command like \placefigure. I think I can reduce the number of places where spaces have to be suppressed. With just 2 \removeunwantedspaces and 1 \ignorespaces I get rid of most of them. The \framed[offset=0pt] shows where spurious space is still inserted. Only 1 space remains inside the framed: in the vertical dimension below the table. Any idea where this comes from? Some parameter to change in the \framerd perhaps? Of course I would be happier if none of these space-suppressing is necessary in my code, because ConTeXt takes care of them. Hans van der Meer \startxmlsetups xmlcommon:table \bgroup \setupxtable[% Setup defaults leftmargindistance=0pt,rightmargindistance=0pt, offset=2pt,height=fit,width=fit, align={center,lohi},columndistance=0pt] \setupxtableparameters{#1} \startlocationbox{#1} \startembeddedxtable \xmlflush{#1} \removeunwantedspaces \stopembeddedxtable \stoplocationbox \egroup \ignorespaces \stopxmlsetups \startxmlsetups xmlcommon:tr \bgroup \setupxtableparameters{#1} \removeunwantedspaces \startxrow \xmlflush{#1} \stopxrow \egroup \stopxmlsetups