* Line wrapping inconsistency with tolerance, alignment and framed
@ 2015-06-18 14:25 Christoph Reller
From: Christoph Reller @ 2015-06-18 14:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

I have an (admittedly carefully crafted) example, see below. My question:
Why is the line wrapping different for this case within a framed and
outside of a framed?
How can I control the amount of space left on a line before breaking the
line within and without a framed consistently?

Any insight is welcome.

Christoph

MWE:

\setuptolerance[horizontal,stretch,verytolerant]
\defineframed[myframe][align=flushleft,frame=off,offset=0pt]

\starttext

\def\super{supercalifragilisticexpialidoc}
\startalignment[flushleft]
  \unhyphenated{\super\ + \super\ + \super\ + \super}
\stopalignment

\myframe{\unhyphenated{\super\ + \super\ + \super\ + \super}}

\stoptext

* Re: Line wrapping inconsistency with tolerance, alignment and framed
@ 2015-06-18 15:04 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2015-06-18 15:04 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Christoph Reller <mailto:christoph.reller@gmail.com>
> 18. Juni 2015 16:25
> Hi,
>
> I have an (admittedly carefully crafted) example, see below. My question:
> Why is the line wrapping different for this case within a framed and
> outside of a framed?
> How can I control the amount of space left on a line before breaking
> the line within and without a framed consistently?
>
> Any insight is welcome.
>
> Christoph
>
> MWE:
>
> \setuptolerance[horizontal,stretch,verytolerant]
> \defineframed[myframe][align=flushleft,frame=off,offset=0pt]
>
> \starttext
>
> \def\super{supercalifragilisticexpialidoc}
> \startalignment[flushleft]
>   \unhyphenated{\super\ + \super\ + \super\ + \super}
> \stopalignment
>
> \myframe{\unhyphenated{\super\ + \super\ + \super\ + \super}}
>
> \stoptext
The frame resets the tolerance settings and you have to set the values
again for it.

   \defineframed[myframe][align={flushleft,stretch,verytolerant},offset=0pt]

BTW: You can also disable hyphentation with the “nothyphenated” keyword
for \setupalign (and the align key).

\starttext

\startalignment[flushleft,stretch,verytolerant,nothyphenated]
   supercalifragilisticexpialidoc + supercalifragilisticexpialidoc +
   supercalifragilisticexpialidoc + supercalifragilisticexpialidoc
\stopalignment

\startframed[align={flushleft,stretch,verytolerant,nothyphenated}]
   supercalifragilisticexpialidoc + supercalifragilisticexpialidoc +
   supercalifragilisticexpialidoc + supercalifragilisticexpialidoc
\stopframed

\stoptext

Wolfgang

* Re: Line wrapping inconsistency with tolerance, alignment and framed
@ 2015-07-24 12:21 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2015-07-24 12:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On 6/18/2015 4:25 PM, Christoph Reller wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have an (admittedly carefully crafted) example, see below. My question:
> Why is the line wrapping different for this case within a framed and
> outside of a framed?
> How can I control the amount of space left on a line before breaking the
> line within and without a framed consistently?
>
> Any insight is welcome.

alignment settings are local in a framed (and similar cases)

\defineframed[myframe][align={flushleft,horizontal,stretch,verytolerant},frame=off,offset=overlay]

> Christoph
>
> MWE:
>
> \setuptolerance[horizontal,stretch,verytolerant]
> \defineframed[myframe][align=flushleft,frame=off,offset=0pt]
>
> \starttext
>
> \def\super{supercalifragilisticexpialidoc}
> \startalignment[flushleft]
>    \unhyphenated{\super\ + \super\ + \super\ + \super}
> \stopalignment
>
> \myframe{\unhyphenated{\super\ + \super\ + \super\ + \super}}
>
> \stoptext

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

       [not found] <mailman.1.1434708001.30365.ntg-context@ntg.nl>
@ 2015-06-19 14:37 ` Christoph Reller