On 15 Jan 2014, at 21:54 , Wolfgang Schuster wrote: > Am 15.01.2014 um 15:36 schrieb Robert Blackstone : > >> Dear all, >> >> Is there, in a book-project, a way to place unnumbered chapters, in casu Acknowledgements and Abstract, in the FrontMatter before the ToC, but still mentioned in the ToC? > > \definehead[prechapter][chapter] > \setuphead [prechapter][number=no,incrementnumber=list] > > \starttext > > \prechapter{Unnumbered chapter} > > \title{Contents} > > \placelist[prechapter,chapter] > > \chapter{Numbered chapter} > > \stoptext > > Wolfgang Thank you Wolfgang. This works and it will very likely also work for my project. I'm afrraid though that I left out an important detail, namely that the ToC itself must be mentioned in the ToC. What I'm expected to emulate is the following: (with real pagenumbers of course) CONTENTS Acknowledgements i Abstract ii Contents iii List of Illusttratiions iv List of Tables v Abbreviations and Library sigla vi Preface vii Chapter 1 8 Chapter 2 etc. So my real question should have been: Is there a way to place the ToC in an unnumbered chapter, which should not be at the very beginning of the book? But you have suggested the answer already: Changing \title{Contents} to \prechapter{Contents} does just that. Clean solution for an, imho, odd request. Best regards, Robert Blackstone