* newbie - scite and context standalone
@ 2015-07-02 19:49 Florian Rudt
From: Florian Rudt @ 2015-07-02 19:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dear List,

I tried to install ConTeXt Suite with SciTe on Windows with this manual: http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Windows_Installation:_ConTeXt_Suite_with_SciTe

Installing ConTeXt was no problem and it works.

For SciTe I took Troy Simpson's Windows installer (version 3.5.7) and downloaded scintillua_3.5.7-1 from http://foicica.com/scintillua/download. I installed SciTe as the installer suggests and copied all from the scintillua_3.5.7-1-folder to the SciTe-folder. Then I copied everything from C:\context\tex\texmf-context\context\data\scite\context to the same folder. In SciTe I added "import scite-context-user" to the Global Options File.

I thought that this would be all to get SciTe with ConTeXt working, but when I press Ctrl+F12 nothing happens.

Have I forgotten something or is there something new?

All I want is a more sophisticated editor than Texworks/Texshop, preferably a cross-platform one. SciTe looks nice and tidy so I can concentrate on my code and text. An alternative for all OSes would be emacs/AUCtex, but coming from the DTP-side, this one scares me. My main machine is a Macmini (or: two of them), but I want to get away (after 25 years) from this Apple and DTP things. My preferred OS for the future would be Linux Mint Debian Edition (LMDE), because it was the fastest and clearest form me after testing several OSes in VirtualBox.

Thanks for Your help

Florian

[-- Attachment #1.2: Message signed with OpenPGP using GPGMail --]

* Re: newbie - scite and context standalone
@ 2015-07-03 11:16 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2015-07-03 11:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On 7/2/2015 9:49 PM, Florian Rudt wrote:
> Dear List,
>
> I tried to install ConTeXt Suite with SciTe on Windows with this manual: http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Windows_Installation:_ConTeXt_Suite_with_SciTe
>
> Installing ConTeXt was no problem and it works.
>
> For SciTe I took Troy Simpson's Windows installer (version 3.5.7) and downloaded scintillua_3.5.7-1 from http://foicica.com/scintillua/download. I installed SciTe as the installer suggests and copied all from the scintillua_3.5.7-1-folder to the SciTe-folder. Then I copied everything from C:\context\tex\texmf-context\context\data\scite\context to the same folder. In SciTe I added "import scite-context-user" to the Global Options File.
>
> I thought that this would be all to get SciTe with ConTeXt working, but when I press Ctrl+F12 nothing happens.
>
> Have I forgotten something or is there something new?
>
> All I want is a more sophisticated editor than Texworks/Texshop, preferably a cross-platform one. SciTe looks nice and tidy so I can concentrate on my code and text. An alternative for all OSes would be emacs/AUCtex, but coming from the DTP-side, this one scares me. My main machine is a Macmini (or: two of them), but I want to get away (after 25 years) from this Apple and DTP things. My preferred OS for the future would be Linux Mint Debian Edition (LMDE), because it was the fastest and clearest form me after testing several OSes in VirtualBox.

there is a manual in the distribution (context/data/scite)

it should work as i use it myself

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE