* Expansion in bookmarks
@ 2015-07-08 14:18 Christoph Reller
From: Christoph Reller @ 2015-07-08 14:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Dear all!

I want to define a command that is to be used in a section title. Also I
want to use \autoinsertnextspace with this command. In the following MWE,
why do \This and \AName not work, while \TEX does work?

I appreciate any feedback,
Christoph

MWE:

\setupinteraction[state=start]
\setupinteractionscreen[option=bookmark]
\placebookmarks[section][section]

\def\What{This\autoinsertnextspace}

\definesorting[Name]
\setupsorting[Name][next=\autoinsertnextspace]
\Name[AName]{Knuth}

\usemodule[abr-01]
\setupsorting[logo][next=\autoinsertnextspace]

\starttext
\startsection[title={\What is puzzling}]\stopsection
\startsection[title={\AName is puzzling}]\stopsection
\startsection[title={\TEX is puzzling}]\stopsection
\stoptext

* Re: Expansion in bookmarks
@ 2015-07-08 19:01 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2015-07-08 19:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On 7/8/2015 4:18 PM, Christoph Reller wrote:
> Dear all!
>
> I want to define a command that is to be used in a section title. Also I
> want to use \autoinsertnextspace with this command. In the following
> MWE, why do \This and \AName not work, while \TEX does work?
>
> I appreciate any feedback,
> Christoph
>
> MWE:
>
> \setupinteraction[state=start]
> \setupinteractionscreen[option=bookmark]
> \placebookmarks[section][section]
>
> \def\What{This\autoinsertnextspace}
>
> \definesorting[Name]
> \setupsorting[Name][next=\autoinsertnextspace]
> \Name[AName]{Knuth}
>
> \usemodule[abr-01]
> \setupsorting[logo][next=\autoinsertnextspace]
>
> \starttext
> \startsection[title={\What is puzzling}]\stopsection
> \startsection[title={\AName is puzzling}]\stopsection
> \startsection[title={\TEX is puzzling}]\stopsection
> \stoptext

you can try:

\enabledirectives[references.bookmarks.preroll]

or specify bookmarks with bookmark=... alongside the title=

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: Expansion in bookmarks
@ 2015-07-09 11:21 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2015-07-09 11:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On 7/9/2015 11:34 AM, Christoph Reller wrote:
> On Wed, 08 Jul 2015 21:01:21 +0200, Hans Hagen <pragma@wxs.nl
> <mailto:pragma@wxs.nl>> wrote:
>
>     On 7/8/2015 4:18 PM, Christoph Reller wrote:
>      > Dear all!
>      >
>      > I want to define a command that is to be used in a section title.
>     Also I
>      > want to use \autoinsertnextspace with this command. In the following
>      > MWE, why do \This and \AName not work, while \TEX does work?
>      >
>      > I appreciate any feedback,
>      > Christoph
>      >
>      > MWE:
>      >
>      > \setupinteraction[state=start]
>      > \setupinteractionscreen[option=bookmark]
>      > \placebookmarks[section][section]
>      >
>      > \def\What{This\autoinsertnextspace}
>      >
>      > \definesorting[Name]
>      > \setupsorting[Name][next=\autoinsertnextspace]
>      > \Name[AName]{Knuth}
>      >
>      > \usemodule[abr-01]
>      > \setupsorting[logo][next=\autoinsertnextspace]
>      >
>      > \starttext
>      > \startsection[title={\What is puzzling}]\stopsection
>      > \startsection[title={\AName is puzzling}]\stopsection
>      > \startsection[title={\TEX is puzzling}]\stopsection
>      > \stoptext
>
>     you can try:
>
>     \enabledirectives[references.bookmarks.preroll]
>
>     or specify bookmarks with bookmark=... alongside the title=
>
>     Hans
>
> Thank you very much Hans! The references.bookmarks.preroll directive
> works nicely.
>
> However, I still don't understand why in the above example \TEX is
> working. Can you shed any light on this?

because synonyms etc are automatically simplified .. just imagine: what
is \framed} supposed to be in a bookmark or \externalfigure ... a macro
can be anything

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl