* Horizontal spacing
@ 2022-11-21 15:27 Steffen Wolfrum via ntg-context
From: Steffen Wolfrum via ntg-context @ 2022-11-21 15:27 UTC (permalink / raw)

these line can modify the space between words:

\installtolerancemethod
{horizontal}
{MySpace}
{\spaceskip2.75pt plus1.60pt minus1.10pt\relax}

\setupalign[line,block]\setfalse\raggedonelinerstate% kein hz=expansion mehr?
\setuptolerance[MySpace]

But how can I adjust in general the horizontal distance between glyphs (I don't mean \kern, I am looking for a general setup)?

Steffen

* horizontal spacing
@ 2015-05-16  9:09 henman
From: henman @ 2015-05-16  9:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ConTeXt Typesetting

In the below example, used with the latest standalone ConTeXt version, I
can only get
\hskip to work when the parameter is 1 dimension unit.  e.g. 1em or 1cm
for example.

How can I get a larger horizontal space say 3em , rather that having to
write
  \hskip 1em  \hskip 1em  \hskip  1em              three  times?

------------- minimal example follows:

\starttext

     \framed[ width=8cm, height=4cm,
              align={flushleft}]
       {Here is the minimum example:  \crlf

        \hskip 1em  1em space before this line? \crlf
        \hskip 2em  2em space before this line? \crlf
        \hskip 3em  3em space before this line? \crlf

        \hskip+1em  1em space before this line? \crlf
        \hskip+2em  2em space before this line? \crlf
        \hskip+3em  3em space before this line? \crlf

        \hskip+1cm  1cm space before this line? \crlf
        \hskip+2cm  2cm space before this line? \crlf
        \hskip+3cm  3cm space before this line? \crlf

\stoptext