* Multiline equations break grid in columnsets
@ 2015-07-21  7:32 Sebastian Ørsted
From: Sebastian Ørsted @ 2015-07-21  7:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

I reported this some days ago, but it was a rather short report, which
might explain why nobody has reacted upon it yet. So this time I'll go into
greater detail:

The grid system in columnsets works very well until the moment you include
a multiline equation somewhere. This causes the entire rest of the page to
be out of alignment with the grid. Try running this code with MkIV:

    \setuplayout
    [grid=yes]

    \setupindenting[yes,medium]

    \definecolumnset[example][n=2]

    \setupformulas[indentnext=auto]

    \starttext

    \showgrid

    \startcolumnset[example]
    \input knuth
    \input knuth
    \input knuth
    \startformula
    \startmathalignment
    \NC x^2 + y^2 \NC = z^2\NR[+]
    \NC u^2 + v^2 \NC = w^2\NR[+]
    \stopmathalignment
    \stopformula
    \input knuth
    \input knuth
    \input knuth
    \stopcolumnset

    \stoptext

A picture of the result can be found in this question on TeX.SE
<http://tex.stackexchange.com/questions/254815/grid-on-aligned-equations-in-context?noredirect=1#comment613211_254815>
.

* Re: Multiline equations break grid in columnsets
@ 2015-07-24 12:02 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2015-07-24 12:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On 7/21/2015 9:32 AM, Sebastian Ørsted wrote:
> I reported this some days ago, but it was a rather short report, which
> might explain why nobody has reacted upon it yet. So this time I'll go
> into greater detail:

there are two issues there, one was horizontal alignment (some day i'll
do that part otherwise in order to get rid of some hard coded
assumptions in the engine that are difficult to deal with); i fixed that
a week ago but didn't want push a beta just before leaving for the tug
2015 meeting

i just uploaded a beta with a possible fix for the vertical spacing
(grid) but i'm not sure about side effects (but as there are no side
effects outside grid mode we can experiment)

btw, columnsets are a bit special and mostly meant for magazine like
cases and i need to redo that one in a mkiv-ish way

> The grid system in columnsets works very well until the moment you
> include a multiline equation somewhere. This causes the entire rest of
> the page to be out of alignment with the grid. Try running this code
> with MkIV:
>
>      \setuplayout
>      [grid=yes]
>      \setupindenting[yes,medium]
>      \definecolumnset[example][n=2]
>      \setupformulas[indentnext=auto]
>      \starttext
>      \showgrid
>      \startcolumnset[example]
>      \input knuth
>      \input knuth
>      \input knuth
>      \startformula
>      \startmathalignment
>      \NC x^2 + y^2 \NC = z^2\NR[+]
>      \NC u^2 + v^2 \NC = w^2\NR[+]
>      \stopmathalignment
>      \stopformula
>      \input knuth
>      \input knuth
>      \input knuth
>      \stopcolumnset
>      \stoptext
>
> A picture of the result can be found in this question on TeX.SE
> <http://tex.stackexchange.com/questions/254815/grid-on-aligned-equations-in-context?noredirect=1#comment613211_254815>.

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE